Call Us0333 0146 683

Mobile food van insurance

Quick, easy and specific. Compare and buy today.

Compare quotes from leading brands

nig logo.
chiswell logo.
ageas logo.
ukGeneral logo.
hiscox logo.
axa logo.
zurich logo.
aig logo.
covea logo.
churchill logo.
finsbury logo.
checklist logo.

Trusted by 500,000 customers

Insuring businesses and landlords for over a decade

conversation logo.

Satisfaction score of 9/10

For public liability insurance

team logo.

Award-winning claims team

With a UK-based team available 24/7

Insurance for food vans on the move

Whether you serve sandwiches to festival goers or burgers to hungry drivers, food van insurance from Simply Business can cover your business risks.

A mobile food van business insurance policy will usually start with public liability insurance, which can cover you if you’re blamed for injury to a member of the public or damage to their property.

You can then add other business cover you need, including employers’ liability insurance, stock insurance and legal expenses insurance.

Please note that we don’t offer vehicle insurance, which covers you for road traffic accidents resulting in damage to other vehicles and injury to passengers. You need to purchase this insurance separately.

Start your quote

EL claim

What insurance do mobile food vans need?

You should choose your cover based on your individual business needs, but these are some of the insurance types worth considering:

  • Public liability insurance is a popular choice for street food businesses, as it can cover compensation claims made by a member of the public for injury, or for damage to their property. For example you drop a cooking utensil from your food van and damage a car parked next to you, or you spill hot coffee over a customer as you’re passing it to them. In both cases, if you face a compensation claim, your public liability insurance could pay the cost of the compensation payment and the legal fees.
  • Employers’ liability insurance is a legal requirement for most businesses that employ staff. It can cover a compensation claim from an employee or ex-employee for injury or damage, for example if a member of your staff suffered a burn from a hot pan left in the sink.

Other covers you can choose to add to your food van insurance policy include business legal protection insurance and business equipment insurance.

why simply business

Why Simply Business?

  • We're one of the UK's biggest business insurance providers
  • All settled claims paid within 24 hours
  • 9/10 Feefo ratings say we’re good (or excellent)
  • 500,000 customers (and counting)
  • Claims handled by an award-winning team
  • Quote comparisons available from multiple insurers
  • We run things from an expert, UK-based contact centre

Need more details? Hear more about your business cover options from our expert team in a quick set of videos. Just choose the cover you’re interested in and get some expert insight into how each option can help your business. You can also check out our business insurance FAQs.

SB brightside image

Is your van insured?

By law, all vans in the UK used for business purposes need a commercial van insurance policy.

Find out more

Rated 4.6/5 by customers

feefo logo.

Our score is based on the reviews we’ve collected on Feefo, the independent customer research specialist.

Read our reviews

It is a very good and easy to use service. I've been a customer for several years and the renewal system is very straight forward. I've always found the quotes competitive too. I'd definitely recommend Simply Business.

R Matthews, Handyman

Keep up to date with Simply Business. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and follow us on social media.

Subscribe to our newsletter

© Copyright 2019 Simply Business. All Rights Reserved. Simply Business is a trading name of Xbridge Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Registration No: 313348). Xbridge Limited (No: 3967717) has its registered office at 6th Floor, 99 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7NG.