Buy-to-let insurance

Quick, easy and specific. Compare and buy today.

Start your quote
  • Zurich
  • AXA
  • Hiscox
  • Maltings
  • Covea
  • Ageas
  • UK General
  • AIG

Quick, quality buy-to-let cover for landlords

Buy-to-let landlords have serious responsibilities, and you need flexible landlord insurance that protects you, your tenants, and your property. With Simply Business you can get just that, building your policy from a range of key covers. You’ll get a single premium, a single renewal date, and a single set of documents, all helping you to safeguard your investment. It’s quick, quality cover, without the hassle.

Compare buy-to-let insurance quotes

With Simply Business you can compare multiple insurance quotes for your buy-to-let property from a range of leading insurers. Get a tailored policy online in just a few minutes now.

Start your quote

Building your buy-to-let insurance policy

The types of insurance you need will vary depending on your circumstances, but these key covers should get you started:

Buildings insurance covers your building against disasters such as fire or flood. If you own your property on a leasehold basis, you might already be covered through your lease owner.

Contents insurance protects against damage to your own possessions inside the property. This is particularly important if you offer your property on a furnished basis. Remember that your tenants will need to take out their own contents insurance.

Liability insurance protects against damage or injury suffered by a tenant or visitor as a result of a fault in your property. Situations of this sort can result in very expensive compensation claims, so it’s important that you’re covered.

Details to look out for

  • If you employ anyone you are legally obliged to take out employers’ liability insurance. Failure to do so could result in heavy fines
  • Make sure you read and understand any exclusions to your policy. Simply Business offers you the chance to read the policy documents in full before you buy
  • Remember that conventional home insurance policies will not cover your buy-to-let
  • You should state the rebuild cost of your property, not its market value, when buying buildings insurance

Customer reviews

Our rating

4.6 /5

Working out our score

Our score is based on the reviews we’ve collected on Feefo, the independent customer research specialist. For more details on how this works, click below.

Read our reviews

Customer testimonials

“Excellent, personalised, prompt response to my unusual requirements. Problem solved in no time, confirmed immediately by email - extremely pleasant manner and tone”

J Peters, IT Consultant

What our customers are saying

We’re proud of the reviews and ratings we receive from our customers. It’s this feedback that helps us keep on improving our services and options, so drop us a line and tell us what you think.

Contact us