Buy-to-let buildings insurance

Quick, easy and specific. Compare and buy today.

Start your quote
  • Zurich
  • AXA
  • Hiscox
  • Maltings
  • Covea
  • Ageas
  • UK General
  • AIG

Buildings insurance for landlords

Whether you’re a commercial landlord or a buy-to-let investor, your property is your most important asset. But that asset faces a range of risks every day. Fire, flood, and countless other potential disasters mean that your property needs protection – and with our specialist cover options, at Simply Business you can get just that. Safeguard your investment today, and get on with enjoying the benefits.

What about a conventional house insurance policy?

It’s important to note that most normal house insurance policies will not cover your rental accommodation. In order to protect your property when it is being let, you need to make sure that you take out a dedicated landlord buildings insurance policy.

Compare buildings insurance quotes

With Simply Business you can compare multiple buildings insurance quotes from a range of leading insurers and get a tailored policy online in just a few minutes. It’s quick, easy and specific.

Start your quote

Additional landlord covers

You can add a range of other important covers to your landlord insurance policy, all while keeping it simple with a single premium and a single renewal date. You might consider these covers:

Contents insurance protects against damage to your own possessions inside the property. This is particularly important if you offer your property on a furnished basis. Remember that your tenants will need to take out their own contents insurance.

Property owners’ liability insurance protects against damage or injury suffered by a tenant or visitor as a result of a fault in your property. Situations of this sort can result in very expensive compensation claims, so it’s important that you’re covered.

See other covers for landlords.

Watch your policy details

  • Make sure that you read and understand any exclusions on your policy. You may find that some quotes contain exclusions that don’t cover you under circumstances that are key to your property
  • Remember that conventional home insurance will not cover you for a buy-to-let property
  • If you own a leasehold property, check with the property managers whether they already have buildings insurance, before you buy your own. If they do, you may not need it
  • Remember that buildings insurance does not cover the contents of the property – you’ll need separate contents insurance for this
  • Your fixtures and fittings are covered by buildings insurance, however, if you own a flat and the freeholder is responsible for buying the buildings insurance, you can just get fixtures and fittings insurance as a separate cover.

Customer reviews

Our rating

4.6 /5

Working out our score

Our score is based on the reviews we’ve collected on Feefo, the independent customer research specialist. For more details on how this works, click below.

Read our reviews

Customer testimonials

“The agent who dealt with my business was very dedicated, considering there were several properties on the policy all with varying requirements. He is an asset to your company.”

John Sheppard, Landlord

What our customers are saying

We value the reviews and ratings we receive from our customers, whether they’re good or bad. We use this feedback to continuously improve how we work with (and for) our customers.

Contact us