Simply Business - Insurance for your business

Call Us0333 0146 683
Our opening hours

Landlord contents insurance

Quick, easy and specific. Compare and buy today.

Start your quote

Compare quotes from leading brands

  • nig logo.
  • chiswell logo.
  • ageas logo.
  • more than logo.
  • hiscox logo.
  • axa logo.
  • zurich logo.
  • aig logo.
  • covea logo.
  • churchill logo.
  • finsbury logo.
checklist logo.

Trusted by 800,000 customers

Insuring businesses and landlords for over a decade

conversation logo.

Satisfaction score of 9/10

For public liability insurance

team logo.

Award-winning claims team

With a UK-based team available 24/7

Need insurance for your furnished rental?

Furniture and other contents in a furnished rental property can run to thousands of pounds, so proper protection is a key priority for most landlords. With Simply Business you can get tailored cover for your assets, buying contents insurance as part of a complete landlord insurance policy that can also include landlord buildings insurance and landlord liability insurance. With us, it’s quick, quality cover, minus the hassle.

Cover from £13.26 a month, get insured in minutes. (10% of direct debit customers repay their annual policy in 10 monthly payments of £13.26 or less across all our trades insured. Based on data from 1 October 2019 - 31 March 2020, for comparison only. Cancellation charges may apply, please refer to our full terms & conditions.)

Compare contents insurance quotes

With Simply Business you can compare multiple quotes from a range of leading insurers and get a tailored policy online in just a few minutes.

Start your quote

Landlord insurance covers

contents cover

What does contents insurance cover?

  • Contents insurance protects household items like furniture and appliances in your buy-to-let property
  • Your items will be protected against damage or theft
  • Contents insurance does not cover your tenants’ possessions. They'll need to take out their own contents insurance if they want to protect their belongings
  • You can buy contents cover as part of a flexible landlord insurance policy that might also include landlord buildings insurance and landlord liability insurance

watch the details

Watch the details

  • Make sure you read and understand any exclusions to your policy. Simply Business offers you the chance to read the policy documents in full before you buy
  • Remember, you may have an obligation under your tenancy agreements to purchase landlord buildings insurance
  • Don't undervalue your furniture and household appliances when purchasing contents insurance, as you may not get the right level of cover

Rated 4.7/5 by customers

feefo logo.

Our score is based on the reviews we’ve collected on Feefo, the independent customer research specialist.

Read our reviews

It is a very good and easy to use service. I've been a customer for several years and the renewal system is very straight forward. I've always found the quotes competitive too. I'd definitely recommend Simply Business.

R Matthews, Handyman

Landlord contents insurance

Keep up to date with Simply Business. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and follow us on social media.

Subscribe to our newsletter


Public liability insuranceBusiness insuranceLandlord insuranceTradesman insuranceCharity insuranceNot for profit insuranceRestaurant insuranceCommercial van insuranceInsurers


6th Floor99 Gresham StreetLondonEC2V 7NG

Sol House29 St Katherine's StreetNorthamptonNN1 2QZ

© Copyright 2021 Simply Business. All Rights Reserved. Simply Business is a trading name of Xbridge Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Registration No: 313348). Xbridge Limited (No: 3967717) has its registered office at 6th Floor, 99 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7NG.