Simply Business homepage
  • Business insurance

    • Business Insurance FAQs

    Business insurance covers

  • Support
  • Claims
  • Sign In
Call Us0333 0146 683
Our opening hours

Business buildings insurance

Quick, easy and specific. Compare and buy today.

What is your trade/profession?
Start your quote

Compare quotes from leading brands

  • NIG insurance
  • Chiswell insurance
  • Ageas insurance
  • More Than insurance
  • Hiscox insurance
  • Axa insurance
  • Zurich insurance
  • AIG insurance
  • Covea insurance
  • Churchill insurance
  • Finsbury insurance

Trusted by 800,000 customers

Insuring businesses and landlords for over a decade

Satisfaction score of 9/10

For public liability insurance

Award-winning claims team

With a UK-based team available 24/7

Business buildings insurance - compare quotes

Whether you work from home or have separate premises such as a shop, office, or pub, buildings cover should be a top priority.

With Simply Business, you can include business buildings cover within your full policy, meaning that you only have to worry about a single set of documents, a single premium, and a single renewal date. Creating a tailored business insurance policy is easy, and you can compare quotes in minutes.

Cover from £6.56 a month, get insured in minutes. (10% of direct debit customers repay their annual policy in 10 monthly payments of £6.56 or less across all our trades insured. Based on data from 1 Sep 2021 - 31st Feb 2022, for comparison only. Cancellation charges may apply, please refer to our full terms & conditions.)

Start your quote

Other covers

See also

What is business buildings insurance?

Business buildings insurance is exactly what it sounds like – cover for the building you run your business from. It can cover you if your business premises is damaged or destroyed, paying out for repairs and rebuild costs.

Business buildings insurance claim example

A large fire broke out at a policyholder's business premises, caused by an electrical fault. The property was significantly damaged throughout and needed extensive repairs, which were covered by their policy.

The customer's stock and contents were also damaged, but those are not covered under business buildings insurance and require separate cover.

What does business building and contents insurance cover?

As well as the building you run your business from, it’s also important to think about what’s inside it, such as your contents and furnishings. You can combine your building insurance with covers like contents insurance, business equipment cover and stock insurance.

Buildings insurance covers your fixtures and fittings as well. This includes things like:

  • curtains and blinds
  • skirting boards
  • carpets
  • built-in units and plumbed-in items like sinks and toilets.

Run a home-based office? You can add cover for this too. Our buildings and content insurance can protect a broad range of businesses.

Run a shop? You can get shop front insurance as part of our tailored shop insurance policy.

Business buildings insurance policy details

To make sure your business buildings insurance covers everything you need it to, keep the following points in mind:

  • Insure your property for the amount it would cost to rebuild – not its market value
  • If you add business contents insurance, this will only cover items you own or are responsible for, and which are within your business premises
  • Fixtures and fittings insurance only covers permanent items
  • If you rent the premises, check with your landlord to see what’s already covered

Rated 4.7/5 by customers

feefo logo.

Our score is based on the reviews we’ve collected on Feefo, the independent customer research specialist.

Read our reviews

It is a very good and easy to use service. I've been a customer for several years and the renewal system is very straight forward. I've always found the quotes competitive too. I'd definitely recommend Simply Business.

R Matthews, Handyman

Keep up to date with Simply Business. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and follow us on social media.

Subscribe to our newsletter
Business buildings insurance


Public liability insuranceBusiness insuranceProfessional indemnity insuranceEmployers liability insuranceLandlord insuranceTradesman insuranceCharity insuranceRestaurant insuranceCommercial van insuranceInsurers


About usOur teamAwardsPress releasesPartners & affiliatesOur charitable workModern Slavery ActSocial mediaSite map

Customer support

Contact & supportPolicy renewalMake a claimProof of policyComplaintsAccessibility


6th Floor99 Gresham StreetLondonEC2V 7NG

Sol House29 St Katherine's StreetNorthamptonNN1 2QZ


Careers at Simply BusinessTech careersCurrent opportunities


BenefitsRefer a friendFinance


Terms & conditionsPrivacy policyCookie policyVuln Disclosure policy


Knowledge centreOpinionsMicrosites

© Copyright 2022 Simply Business. All Rights Reserved. Simply Business is a trading name of Xbridge Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Registration No: 313348). Xbridge Limited (No: 3967717) has its registered office at 6th Floor, 99 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7NG.