Insurance by industry

Churchill logo

Insuring over 1000 UK trade types

We’re specialists in business insurance right across the board, including cover for the construction industry, the retail sector and many more. Here you’ll find a summary of the industries we cover, and you can dive in to discover the specific trades we cover within each sector.

Whether you’re a freelance designer looking for a good professional indemnity policy or a pub owner sorting your public liability and buildings cover, use Simply Business to compare quotes and buy a policy in minutes.

If you don’t think your business fits neatly into any of these categories, don’t worry – there’s a decent chance we can still cover you. Go to our quote form and try the trade selector to find out.


We offer tailored policies for architects, landscape architects and surveyors, whether you’re self-employed or you have your own firm.


Arts and entertainment insurance from Simply Business gives you the support you need while you’re performing in front of a crowd or just keeping things running smoothly.


Cover for barbers, manicurists, and everyone in between. Find cover for your beauty business, including policies for mobile businesses and salons.


Build a policy that fits your cleaning business. We cover window cleaners, domestic cleaners and commercial cleaners.


Whether you’re an engineer or an engineering consultant, you’ll want cover that’s tailored to your business. Get just that with a Simply Business policy including PL and PI insurance.


Whether you’re a software developer or an IT consultant, working in the computer industry brings certain risks. Combine PL and PI in a single policy.


Get a tailored policy fit for your profession, whether you’re an accountant or one of a number of other businesses in the finance and legal sector.


We offer insurance for a range of health, fitness and wellbeing businesses, from home-based healers to gym-based trainers.


If you run an environmental consultancy, a health and safety business or work as a self-employed energy assessor, our insurance can keep you covered.


Tailored insurance for the hospitality and tourism industry, whether you run a tour operator, a B&B or a small hotel.


Back-up for your investigator business in case something goes wrong. Get professional indemnity insurance and public liability insurance in one policy.


Whether you’re interpreting between two people or translating a book, you need an insurance policy fit for language professionals.


If you run projects, provide consultancy, or run another type of management company, we’ve got a business insurance policy to keep you covered.


Working in media or marketing comes with a specific set of risks. Cover them with a tailored insurance policy from Simply Business.


A pet care business insurance policy gives you the support you need to do the work you love, whether that’s grooming or dog walking.


Dealing with people and property on a daily basis means you need a property business insurance policy to keep you covered.


Insurance for recruitment consultants and employment agencies, so that you’re insured for the risks involved in running your business.


We offer insurance for self-employed door supervisors, security guards and security companies. Get all your cover in a single policy.


Insurance for plumbers, builders, handymen, and many other trades. It’s quality, specific cover whether you’re a one-man-band or you run a construction company.


Insurance for businesses that transport people or items from one place to another, including cover for those in the logistics business.


We insure tutors, teachers, childminders and trainers, so that you can concentrate on the important work you do, knowing that you’ve got the back-up you need.

Home Business insurance Insurance by industry