Builders' insurance

Get a quick quote Compare prices from leading insurers.
Get help finding insurance We’ll help you find insurance that fits your business.
Learn more Find out how different covers can protect your business.
  • Zurich
  • AXA
  • Hiscox
  • Maltings
  • Covea
  • Ageas
  • UK General
  • AIG

Builders’ insurance tailored to you

Builders are in a risky business. However well prepared you are, mistakes do happen – and a single slip could be disastrous. With Simply Business you can protect yourself, your business, your equipment, and your clients, with a flexible insurance policy that’s tailored to you. Whether you are a self-employed builder working on your own or you run a business employing people, it’s quick, quality cover, without the hassle.

Builders’ insurance at Simply Business starts with public liability insurance, which can pay if you’re blamed for injury to a member of the public or property damage. You can then choose additional covers to tailor your policy to your individual requirements.

Start your quote

What insurance do builders need?

Builders’ public liability insurance

Public liability insurance is often an important cover for builders and most other trades, as it can protect you if someone is injured or their property is damaged because of your business. Simply Business offers between £1 million and £5 million in cover, to protect you against this cost.

Other business insurance for builders

If you have employees, contractors, casual workers or temporary staff, you’re usually required by law to take out employers’ liability insurance. It’ll cover claims from employees who’ve been injured or become seriously ill as a result of working for you.

Personal accident insurance is important for anyone who works in construction, covering both lost earnings and medical costs that result from a serious injury.

Other covers available to builders include tool insurance, plant and machinery insurance and business equipment insurance.

Builder insurance policy details

  • Make sure you read your policy documents carefully in order to understand any exclusions
  • If you take out equipment cover, be careful not to underestimate the replacement value of your equipment
  • Most business owners who employ people are legally obliged to take out employers’ liability insurance. Failure to do so could result in heavy fines.

Need more details? Hear more about your business cover options from our expert team in a quick set of videos. Just choose the cover you’re interested in and get some expert insight into how each option can help your business. You can also check out our business insurance FAQs.

Customer reviews

Our rating

4.6 /5

Working out our score

Our score is based on the reviews we’ve collected on Feefo, the independent customer research specialist. For more details on how this works, click below.

Read our reviews

Customer testimonials

“Couldn't fault them, found and offered me the best deal for my business.”

Tina Lake, Carer

What our customers are saying

We value the reviews and ratings we receive from our customers, whether they’re good or bad. We use this feedback to continuously improve how we work with (and for) our customers.

Contact us