Hamburger icon


  • Business insurance

    Business insurance covers

  • Support
  • Claims
  • Manage your policy
Telephone iconCall Us0333 0146 683
Our opening hours

Personal accident insurance

Quick, easy and specific. Compare and buy today.

What is your trade/profession?
Search icon
Start your quote

Compare quotes from leading brands

nig logo.
chiswell logo.
ageas logo.
ukGeneral logo.
hiscox logo.
axa logo.
zurich logo.
aig logo.
covea logo.
churchill logo.
finsbury logo.
checklist logo.

Trusted by 600,000 customers

Insuring businesses and landlords for over a decade

conversation logo.

Satisfaction score of 9/10

For public liability insurance

team logo.

Award-winning claims team

With a UK-based team available 24/7

Personal accident cover

What is personal accident insurance?

Personal accident (PA) insurance pays compensation for accidental injury or death. You can add it to your business insurance policy. Our personal accident insurance provides 24-hour protection, so it can pay out if you’re injured while you’re working or outside of work.

What does personal accident insurance cover?

Personal accident insurance covers serious injury or death caused by an accident. It can pay out for things like lost income, medical costs and hospitalisation benefit, up to the limit of the policy. The maximum amount is £20,000 for an injury and £40,000 for an accident resulting in death.

Do I need personal accident insurance?

It’s up to you to decide whether you need personal accident cover. It can be useful for anyone, but is particularly popular with people who work in environments where accidents are more likely to occur, for example construction sites.

How much personal accident insurance do I need?

Simply Business offers a single level of personal accident cover. This offers up to £20,000 for an injury, depending on the cause of the accident, and up to £40,000 for an accident resulting in death. The maximum injury payout you can actually receive depends on the type of injury suffered.

Is personal accident insurance necessary?

You may decide to get personal accident insurance because you work in a particularly risky environment, and/or because you would struggle to make ends meet if you were involved in an accident and were left unable to work. However, personal accident insurance can be useful for anyone.

Is personal accident insurance tax deductible?

Personal accident insurance is not tax deductible because it’s not strictly a business expense. Business insurance like professional indemnity, public liability and employers' liability insurance are tax deductible, so you can subtract the cost from your income when calculating your taxable profit.

Personal accident insurance from Simply Business

You can get a personal accident insurance quote from Simply Business by adding it to your business insurance when you’re choosing your cover types. Compare quotes and build your policy in a few easy steps.

Cover from £6.81 a month, get insured in minutes. (10% of direct debit customers repay their annual policy in 10 monthly payments of £6.81 or less across all our trades insured. Based on data from 1 July - 31 December 2019, for comparison only. Cancellation charges may apply, please refer to our full terms & conditions.)

Start your quote

Other covers

  • Public liability insurance
  • Professional indemnity insurance
  • Employers' liability insurance
  • Commercial insurance
  • Tool insurance
  • View all business insurance covers

See also

  • Business insurance
  • Business insurance FAQs

personal injury feat

An example of a personal accident insurance claim

A carpenter is operating a large piece of woodworking machinery when he loses concentration and suffers a serious bodily injury. His personal accident cover pays an initial lump sum to him for the accident, and then a further £50 per night for a two night hospital stay as an inpatient. He has to take some time off work as a result of the accident, and he receives up to £200 per week from his personal accident insurance during his absence.

Personal accident insurance for the self-employed

Simply Business offers personal accident insurance for the self-employed. If you’re self-employed, personal accident insurance may be a particularly useful cover, as you may not have an income if you can’t work due to an accident.

watch the details

Personal accident cover details

  • Simply Business can offer personal accident insurance whatever type of business you run.
  • We offer personal accident insurance for both individuals and groups, which means you can just cover yourself, or you can also cover your directors and/or your employees.
  • Personal accident insurance from Simply Business is available for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
  • This insurance won’t cover you for sickness. It’s designed to pay out in the event of a specific accident.
  • Personal injury cover can’t pay out if your business can’t operate because of a natural disaster like a fire or flood.
  • Consider business interruption insurance if you want to cover this risk.

More covers

  • Business buildings insurance
  • Business contents insurance
  • Business equipment insurance
  • Business interruption insurance
  • Business legal protection insurance
  • Contract works insurance
  • High risk insurance
  • Laptop insurance for your business
  • Office insurance
  • Plant and machinery insurance
  • Product liability insurance
  • Stock insurance

Insurance by industry

  • Builder insurance
  • Electrician insurance
  • Flooring contractor insurance
  • Painter and decorator insurance
  • Pest control insurance
  • Plumbing insurance
  • Roofer insurance
  • Satellite dish installer insurance
  • Scaffolder insurance
  • Welding insurance
  • Window cleaner insurance
  • More insurance by industry

Rated 4.7/5 by customers

Star icon
Star icon
Star icon
Star icon
Star icon
Star icon
feefo logo.

Our score is based on the reviews we’ve collected on Feefo, the independent customer research specialist.

Read our reviews

It is a very good and easy to use service. I've been a customer for several years and the renewal system is very straight forward. I've always found the quotes competitive too. I'd definitely recommend Simply Business.

R Matthews, Handyman

Chevron right icon
Business insurance
Chevron right icon
Our range of covers
Chevron right icon
Personal accident insurance

Keep up to date with Simply Business. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and follow us on social media.

Subscribe to our newsletter
Facebook icon

Follow us on Facebook

Twitter icon

Follow us on Twitter

YouTube icon

Subscribe to our videos on YouTube

LinkedIn icon

Follow us on LinkedIn


6th Floor99 Gresham StreetLondonEC2V 7NG

Sol House29 St Katherine's StreetNorthamptonNN1 2QZ

© Copyright 2020 Simply Business. All Rights Reserved. Simply Business is a trading name of Xbridge Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Registration No: 313348). Xbridge Limited (No: 3967717) has its registered office at 6th Floor, 99 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7NG.