Mobile beauty insurance

Get tailored quotes in 7 minutes

Mobile beautician manicuring a clients nails in clients house

Why do you need mobile beautician insurance?

Your entire brush collection stolen. A spillage on your client’s dress. It’s easily done, but insurance for beauticians, built specifically around your risks, is designed to keep you up and running if something goes wrong. From public liability cover for accidents and injuries to insurance for your tools and products, it’s all under one policy.

  • protection from damaging claims for accidents and injuries
  • cover for your kit and products plus your laptop if you use it for work
  • pay monthly or for the whole year depending on what works best for you

What does mobile beauty therapist insurance cover?

Whether you’ve got years of experience or just finished up at college, your clients are relying on you for care, expertise and attention to the tiniest detail. Use our cover options to set up expert mobile beauty insurance, pay monthly if you need to, and add in cover for an employee or two if you grow into a bigger team.

How much does mobile beautician insurance cost?

Find out how much you’ll pay by comparing prices from a range of trusted insurers. You choose what goes into your policy, so you only pay for what you need.

Prices start from £4.74 per month

Get your quotes in 7 minutes – prices are guaranteed for 30 days.

Get your tailored quotes in 7 minutes

Example mobile beautician insurance quotes, real prices


What kind of excess should I expect?

An excess is an amount you pay towards any claim you make on your insurance. For example, if your excess is £250 and you make a claim worth £1000, your payout will be a maximum of £750.

Insurance cover

Lowest excess

Highest excess

Public liability



Employers’ liability

No excess

No excess







Business and office equipment



The figures above are for guidance only and any excess applying to your quote may differ. You’ll get a breakdown of the excesses for each quote when you compare with us.

How it works

Pick what goes into your policy

Get prices from a range of insurers

Buy online in minutes

Direct to


How do I choose insurance?

Making sure you have the right type and level of business insurance can be the difference between getting a claim paid and having to cover the cost of an expensive accident yourself. Read our tips for guidance on what to consider when buying a policy.

Talk to an expert

Our team of UK-based insurance experts are here to help, Mon 09.00am – 05.30pm, Tues 09.00am – 05.30pm, Weds 09.00am – 05.30pm, Thurs 09.30am – 05.30pm, Fri 09.00am – 05.30pm, Sat 09.00am – 02.00pm

Call our team

0333 043 8527


Contact us on our website whenever suits you


Call our insurance experts during office hours (calls are charged at a local rate)


Find answers to common insurance questions

How do claims work?

Unlike price comparison websites, we take the hassle out of claims for you. We know how important it is to get your business back on track quickly – and with a minimum of fuss. That’s why you get access to your dedicated claims any time, day or night. Call them on 0333 207 0560 or claim online. They’ll do their best to be fair and supportive.

£51 million in claims paid out in 2023

83% of claims were settled in 2023

Example claim

Having mobile beauty therapist insurance through Simply Business has saved beauticians thousands of pounds when the unexpected happened.

Lottie saved more than £5,400

Following a waxing treatment, Lottie (not her real name) received a letter from her client, saying they’d received severe burns. Her beauticians’ insurance covered the associated costs.

Mobile beauty insurance FAQs

Whether you’re new to buying business insurance or you’ve been trading for a while, here are the answers to some commonly asked questions about mobile therapist insurance, from paying monthly to working from home. You can also check out our business insurance FAQs.

A waxing accident can be covered by the public and product liability cover in your mobile beauty insurance policy, from burns and other injuries to property damage resulting from a spillage.

Claims can run into thousands of pounds for an injury or serious property damage – for example, if you dropped hot wax onto an expensive rug or handbag – so check the level of cover you need. A Simply Business policy provides between £1 million and £10 million in product and public liability cover.

Even if you’re all set up at home and don’t often travel for work, your business still faces specific risks.

Public liability insurance is a popular cover for many home businesses, as it can protect you from a claim if someone is injured or their property gets damaged while they’re with you. Lots of businesses also choose to add tools, business equipment and stock cover, for the essential items they keep with them at home.

You’ll also still need employers’ liability insurance if you employ anyone – for example a temp you hire during the busy wedding season or an assistant. It’s usually a legal requirement, so don’t leave it out, even if you’re based at home.

Yes. It’s important to make sure you have the right type and level of insurance for the different types of work you do. For example, if you’re a plumber, you may also do building work on certain jobs – you’ll need additional cover for this, but you can have it all on the one policy. When you start your quote, you’ll have the option to add another trade or profession to your policy. If you need to add a third trade, give us a call on 0333 043 8527 and one of our insurance experts will help you set up your policy in minutes.

Yes. You may start offering additional services that require you to use different skills or carry out different tasks. If you find yourself in this situation, it’s important to give us a call on 0333 043 8527 to update your policy before you take on this new work. If you don’t have the correct type of cover in place for the work you do, you may be unable to claim on your policy if something goes wrong.

You can choose the payment type that suits your business and cash flow best. Some customers prefer to pay in one go, while others prefer to pay a regular monthly amount, like you do with lots of other bills. Simply Business offer three ways to pay for your policy:

  • one-off credit or debit card payment
  • BACS payment
  • Direct Debit

If you choose to pay by Direct Debit, our credit provider, Premium Credit, pays Simply Business the full amount for your policy up front. You then repay Premium Credit in 10 monthly instalments.

This will depend on whether you have employers’ liability insurance in place. Public liability insurance is designed to protect your business against the consequences of legal action brought by members of the public for injuries or damage to their belongings. But when it comes to your employees causing injury or damage, this protection only activates if you also have employers’ liability insurance.

If you employ people, you’re required by law to have employers’ liability insurance.

There’s one exception here. Family businesses that aren’t incorporated as a limited company are not legally required to have employers’ liability insurance. The government defines a “family business” as one where all your employees are closely related to you (as a spouse, civil partner, sibling, child, parent, grandparent, grandchild, step-parent, stepchild or half-sibling). So if you run an unincorporated family business and you choose not to get employers’ liability insurance, it’s important to know that your public liability insurance wouldn’t cover you against damage or injury caused by your team.

We create this content for general information purposes and it should not be taken as advice. Always check policy documentation for details and seek professional advice. Read our full Terms and Conditions

Helpful articles for mobile beauticians