Call Us0333 0146 683

Cake maker & decorator insurance

Quick, easy and specific. Compare and buy today.

Compare quotes from leading brands

nig logo.
chiswell logo.
ageas logo.
ukGeneral logo.
hiscox logo.
axa logo.
zurich logo.
aig logo.
covea logo.
churchill logo.
finsbury logo.
checklist logo.

Trusted by 500,000 customers

Insuring businesses and landlords for over a decade

conversation logo.

Satisfaction score of 9/10

For public liability insurance

team logo.

Award-winning claims team

With a UK-based team available 24/7

Business insurance for cake makers & decorators

As a cake maker and/or cake decorator you work hard to make your clients’ special occasions all the more special, but sometimes things can go wrong.

If a client suffers an allergic reaction or catches a bug from one of your cakes, or if they have an accident when collecting their order, then you may face legal consequences and a hefty financial penalty if you’re not correctly insured.

Cake makers and decorators insurance from Simply Business can cover you for these kinds of situations with product liability and public liability insurance from £1,000,000.

You can also add tool and stock insurance, employers’ liability insurance and other covers you need to create a tailored policy.

Start your quote

your business

What insurance do cake makers and decorators need?

The insurance you need depends on your business and the risks you face, but these are popular covers for cake makers and cake decorators:

Product liability insurance protects you in the event that one of your cakes causes injury or damage to a person or their property. While we know cake makers and decorators put a lot of effort into their work, mistakes do happen, and this insurance is there to cover should anything like that go wrong.

Public liability insurance is important if you have clients collect their cakes from your premises, or if you take your creations out to markets or fairs. This will cover compensation payments and legal fees if a client or another third party makes an injury or damage claim against you.

Stock cover and tools insurance will keep you covered if your equipment or stock suffers any damage, or if either of these things are stolen. Even the most skilled baker can’t make or decorate cakes without their tools and supplies, and stock and tools insurance will cover the cost of replacing stolen or damaged items.

Employers’ liability insurance is a legal requirement for most businesses that have staff, so it’s an important consideration if you employ people in your cake making or decorating business - even on a casual basis. It can cover compensation claims made by staff because they’ve suffered illness or injury as a result of their work.

watch the details

Why Simply Business?

  • We're one of the UK's biggest business insurance providers
  • All settled claims paid within 24 hours
  • 9/10 Feefo ratings say we’re good (or excellent)
  • 500,000 customers (and counting)
  • Claims handled by an award-winning team
  • Quote comparisons available from multiple insurers
  • We run things from an expert, UK-based contact centre

Need more details? Hear more about your business cover options from our expert team in a quick set of videos. Just choose the cover you’re interested in and get some expert insight into how each option can help your business. You can also check out our business insurance FAQs.

Rated 4.6/5 by customers

feefo logo.

Our score is based on the reviews we’ve collected on Feefo, the independent customer research specialist.

Read our reviews

It is a very good and easy to use service. I've been a customer for several years and the renewal system is very straight forward. I've always found the quotes competitive too. I'd definitely recommend Simply Business.

R Matthews, Handyman

Keep up to date with Simply Business. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and follow us on social media.

Subscribe to our newsletter

© Copyright 2019 Simply Business. All Rights Reserved. Simply Business is a trading name of Xbridge Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Registration No: 313348). Xbridge Limited (No: 3967717) has its registered office at 6th Floor, 99 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7NG.