Simply Business - Insurance for your business

Call Us0333 0146 683
Our opening hours

Music teacher insurance

Quick, easy and specific. Compare and buy today.

Start your quote

Compare quotes from leading brands

  • nig logo.
  • chiswell logo.
  • ageas logo.
  • more than logo.
  • hiscox logo.
  • axa logo.
  • zurich logo.
  • aig logo.
  • covea logo.
  • churchill logo.
  • finsbury logo.
checklist logo.

Trusted by 800,000 customers

Insuring businesses and landlords for over a decade

conversation logo.

Satisfaction score of 9/10

For public liability insurance

team logo.

Award-winning claims team

With a UK-based team available 24/7

Tailored business insurance for music teachers

We know that teaching music is a labour of love so we’ve created music teacher insurance that’s quick and easy to set up, letting you get back to what you do best. Whether you teach guitar or take piano lessons, we’ll help you create a policy that suits your particular needs.

If your instrument tends to stay put and you teach either from your home or another location, then you should think about business buildings insurance, which will cover you against damage to your property that might prevent you from teaching.

On the other hand, if you take your instruments out and about then you might want to consider business equipment insurance, in case your instruments and other items - like sheet music and music stands - are stolen from your car or van.

You can select from these and a range of other covers to create a tailored insurance policy that suits your particular set-up, including public liability insurance and business equipment insurance.

Cover from £6.77 a month, get insured in minutes. (10% of direct debit customers repay their annual policy in 10 monthly payments of £6.77 or less across all our trades insured. Based on data from 1 Jan 2021 - 31st August 2021, for comparison only. Cancellation charges may apply, please refer to our full terms & conditions.)

Start your quote


your business

What insurance do music teachers need?

The insurance you need depends on your business and the risks you face, but these are popular covers for music teachers:

Public liability insurance for music teachers

Public liability insurance is typically at the centre of a music teachers' insurance policy; it will cover you if anyone makes a compensation claim against you for injuries they’ve suffered while under your tutelage, whether it's on your premises or elsewhere.

Other covers

Professional indemnity insurance can cover compensation claims from students who claim to have made a financial loss because of your teaching.

Business equipment insurance is what you need to keep your instrument and other equipment safe. If anything is stolen or damaged, then this covers the cost of a replacement.

Business interruption insurance helps you get back on your feet, should your business be hit by an unexpected event that's covered by your insurance (fire or flood, for example).

Employers’ liability insurance is a legal requirement for most businesses that have staff, so it is likely that you’ll need to add this on if you’re a music teacher who employs anyone, even on a casual basis. It can cover compensation claims made by staff because they’ve suffered illness or injury as a result of their work.

watch the details

Why Simply Business?

  • We're one of the UK's biggest business insurance providers
  • All settled claims paid within 24 hours
  • 9/10 ratings say we’re good (or excellent)
  • 800,000 customers (and counting)
  • Claims handled by an award-winning team
  • Quote comparisons available from multiple insurers
  • We run things from an expert, UK-based contact centre

Need more details? Hear more about your business cover options from our expert team in a quick set of videos. Just choose the cover you’re interested in and get some expert insight into how each option can help your business. You can also check out our business insurance FAQs.

Rated 4.7/5 by customers

feefo logo.

Our score is based on the reviews we’ve collected on Feefo, the independent customer research specialist.

Read our reviews

It is a very good and easy to use service. I've been a customer for several years and the renewal system is very straight forward. I've always found the quotes competitive too. I'd definitely recommend Simply Business.

R Matthews, Handyman

Music teacher insurance

Keep up to date with Simply Business. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and follow us on social media.

Subscribe to our newsletter


Public liability insuranceBusiness insuranceLandlord insuranceTradesman insuranceCharity insuranceNot for profit insuranceRestaurant insuranceCommercial van insuranceInsurers


6th Floor99 Gresham StreetLondonEC2V 7NG

Sol House29 St Katherine's StreetNorthamptonNN1 2QZ

© Copyright 2021 Simply Business. All Rights Reserved. Simply Business is a trading name of Xbridge Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Registration No: 313348). Xbridge Limited (No: 3967717) has its registered office at 6th Floor, 99 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7NG.