Health and safety consultant insurance

Quick, easy and specific. Compare and buy today.

Start your quote
  • Zurich
  • AXA
  • Hiscox
  • Maltings
  • Covea
  • Ageas
  • UK General
  • AIG

Tailored insurance for health and safety consultants

As a health and safety consultant we realise you’re expert at managing risk. Unfortunately, there are still things that can go wrong. If someone sues you for giving faulty health and safety advice, or if you accidentally cause damage to a client’s property during a site visit, you could find yourself facing a hefty compensation claim.

Insurance for health and safety consultants can cover these risks, with a policy that includes both professional indemnity insurance and public liability insurance. You can add other business-related covers too, with employers’ liability insurance if you have any staff and business buildings and contents insurance to protect your premises.

Start your quote

What insurance do health and safety consultants need?

You should choose insurance covers based on the needs of your business: do you have staff, for example, and do you need to insure your business premises? Also check whether your clients expect you to have particular insurance cover.

Professional indemnity insurance for health and safety consultants

Professional indemnity insurance is a key cover for any business that gives advice, as it can protect you against compensation claims made by a client for negligence or a mistake you’ve made in your work. For instance if you gave a business inadequate health and safety advice and they faced prosecution as a result, your professional indemnity insurance could cover the compensation payment and legal fees.

Public liability insurance for health and safety consultants

Public liability insurance can protect you against injury or damage claims made by members of the public, including your clients. For example, if an accident happens and you get the blame the injured party could sue you, and your public liability insurance could cover the costs.

Other insurance for health and safety consultants

Employers’ liability insurance is usually a legal requirement if your health and safety consultancy employs staff. Other covers you can choose to add to your policy include business legal protection insurance and business interruption insurance. You can also choose to add personal accident insurance to your policy, which covers you both inside and outside of work.

Need more details? Hear more about your business cover options from our expert team in a quick set of videos. Just choose the cover you’re interested in and get some expert insight into how each option can help your business. You can also check out our business insurance FAQs.

Why Simply Business?

  • We’re one of the UK’s biggest business insurance providers
  • All settled claims paid within 24 hours
  • 9/10 Feefo ratings say we’re good (or excellent)
  • 475,000 customers (and counting)
  • Claims handled by an award-winning team
  • Quote comparisons available from multiple insurers
  • We run things from an expert, UK-based contact centre

Customer reviews

Our rating

4.6 /5

Working out our score

Our score is based on the reviews we’ve collected on Feefo, the independent customer research specialist. For more details on how this works, click below.

Read our reviews

Customer testimonials

“Couldn't fault them, found and offered me the best deal for my business.”

Tina Lake, Carer

What our customers are saying

We value the reviews and ratings we receive from our customers, whether they’re good or bad. We use this feedback to continuously improve how we work with (and for) our customers.

Contact us