Energy assessor insurance

Quick, easy and specific. Compare and buy today.

Start your quote
  • Zurich
  • AXA
  • Hiscox
  • Maltings
  • Covea
  • Ageas
  • UK General
  • AIG

Tailored insurance for energy assessors

As an energy assessor, you are in a position of professional responsibility: your clients trust you to conduct an energy performance assessment, and they could claim compensation if they believe you’ve made a mistake in your work. That’s why professional indemnity insurance is at the heart of an energy assessor insurance policy, to cover you if a client sues you when something goes wrong.

Public liability insurance is an important cover too, as visiting client sites brings the risk of injury or damage claims from a third party. You can then add any other business insurance you need, to create an energy assessor insurance policy that works for you.

Start your quote

What insurance do energy assessors need?

You can pick the covers you need based on your business details and the risks you want to cover, but these are some of the insurance types that are likely to be useful for domestic energy assessors.

Professional indemnity insurance for energy assessors

Professional indemnity insurance is important for most energy assessors, as it can pay compensation claims made against you for negligence or an error that you make in your work. For example, if you unwittingly made a mistake on an energy performance certificate and your client’s house sale fell through as a result, your client could claim compensation for the financial loss they suffered. As well as the compensation amount, your professional indemnity insurance can pay the legal fees, up to the limit of your cover.

Other business insurance for energy assessors

Public liability insurance is important for most businesses that come into contact with members of the public, as it can cover third party compensation claims for injury or damage. For example, if you visited a client’s home and accidentally knocked over an expensive vase, you could face a compensation claim, which your public liability insurance could cover.

There are plenty of other business insurance covers you can add to your energy assessor insurance policy too, including personal accident insurance in case you’re injured inside or outside of work, business equipment insurance in case your kit is damaged or stolen, and business buildings insurance if you’ve got property to protect. And remember that you’re usually legally required to have employers’ liability insurance if you employ any staff.

Why Simply Business?

  • We’re one of the UK’s biggest business insurance providers
  • All settled claims paid within 24 hours
  • 9/10 Feefo ratings say we’re good (or excellent)
  • 475,000 customers (and counting)
  • Claims handled by an award-winning team
  • Quote comparisons available from multiple insurers
  • We run things from an expert, UK-based contact centre

Customer reviews

Our rating

4.6 /5

Working out our score

Our score is based on the reviews we’ve collected on Feefo, the independent customer research specialist. For more details on how this works, click below.

Read our reviews

Customer testimonials

“It is a very good and easy to use service. I've been a customer for several years and the renewal system is very straight forward. I've always found the quotes competitive too. I'd definitely recommend Simply Business.”

R Matthews, Handyman

What our customers are saying

We are proud of reviews and ratings we receive from our customers. We use this feedback to continuously improve our customer services.

Contact us