Simply Business homepage
  • Business insurance

    Business insurance covers

  • Support
  • Claims
  • Sign In
Call Us0333 0146 683
Our opening hours

House sitter insurance

Quick, easy and specific. Compare and buy today.

Start your quote

Compare quotes from leading brands

  • NIG insurance
  • Chiswell insurance
  • Ageas insurance
  • More Than insurance
  • Hiscox insurance
  • Axa insurance
  • Zurich insurance
  • AIG insurance
  • Covea insurance
  • Churchill insurance
  • Finsbury insurance
checklist logo.

Trusted by 800,000 customers

Insuring businesses and landlords for over a decade

conversation logo.

Satisfaction score of 9/10

For public liability insurance

team logo.

Award-winning claims team

With a UK-based team available 24/7

Tailored insurance for house sitters

As a house sitter you’re in a position of responsibility, and your business reputation relies on keeping other people’s homes safe and secure. But if something goes wrong, you need a house sitting insurance policy that can help you out.

House sitter insurance from Simply Business starts with public liability insurance, which could pay a compensation claim if you accidentally damaged something belonging to the homeowner, for example.

You can add other covers too, like employers’ liability insurance if your house sitting business employs any staff, and legal expenses insurance to cover costs arising from things like HMRC tax investigations.

Cover from £6.56 a month, get insured in minutes. (10% of direct debit customers repay their annual policy in 10 monthly payments of £6.56 or less across all our trades insured. Based on data from 1 Sep 2021 - 31st Feb 2022, for comparison only. Cancellation charges may apply, please refer to our full terms & conditions.)

Start your quote


your business

Do house sitters need insurance?

Apart from employers’ liability insurance (usually compulsory if you have any staff) it’s up to you to decide whether you need insurance for your house sitting business and to choose the cover you need. Also check whether your clients and any agencies you work with expect you to have particular insurance.

Public liability insurance for house sitters

Public liability insurance can protect you against injury or damage claims made by members of the public, including the homeowners of the houses you’re looking after. For example, if you spilled a glass of wine on a client’s carpet and they sued you for the replacement cost, your public liability insurance could cover the legal costs and compensation claim. Some of our providers even cover the cost of replacement keys and locks if the keys to the house are lost.

Other insurance for house sitters

Employers’ liability insurance is usually a legal requirement if you have a house sitting business that employs staff. Other covers you can choose to add to your policy include business legal protection insurance and business interruption insurance. You can also add personal accident insurance, which covers you 24/7, allowing you to make claims for injuries sustained both inside and outside of work.

watch the details

Why Simply Business?

  • We're one of the UK's biggest business insurance providers
  • All settled claims paid within 24 hours
  • 9/10 ratings say we’re good (or excellent)
  • 800,000 customers (and counting)
  • Claims handled by an award-winning team
  • Quote comparisons available from multiple insurers
  • We run things from an expert, UK-based contact centre

Need more details? Hear more about your business cover options from our expert team in a quick set of videos. Just choose the cover you’re interested in and get some expert insight into how each option can help your business. You can also check out our business insurance FAQs.

Rated 4.7/5 by customers

feefo logo.

Our score is based on the reviews we’ve collected on Feefo, the independent customer research specialist.

Read our reviews

It is a very good and easy to use service. I've been a customer for several years and the renewal system is very straight forward. I've always found the quotes competitive too. I'd definitely recommend Simply Business.

R Matthews, Handyman

House sitter insurance

Keep up to date with Simply Business. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and follow us on social media.

Subscribe to our newsletter


Public liability insuranceBusiness insuranceLandlord insuranceTradesman insuranceCharity insuranceNot for profit insuranceRestaurant insuranceCommercial van insuranceInsurers


6th Floor99 Gresham StreetLondonEC2V 7NG

Sol House29 St Katherine's StreetNorthamptonNN1 2QZ

© Copyright 2022 Simply Business. All Rights Reserved. Simply Business is a trading name of Xbridge Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Registration No: 313348). Xbridge Limited (No: 3967717) has its registered office at 6th Floor, 99 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7NG.