Professional indemnity and liability insurance for copywriters
Writing seems like a harmless occupation, and so copywriters often overlook the need for business insurance. But, whether you work from home or from a client’s premises, it is still important to be insured.
Buying your copywriters’ insurance
We’ve worked hard to make sure that buying your insurance with us is simple and quick.
- Build your ideal policy using our simple form
- Compare quotes from a range of trusted insurers
- Choose a quote and buy your policy online
- Speak to our UK insurance team if you get stuck
- Receive your documents online instantly
Building your tailored copywriters insurance policy
These core business insurance covers will help you to get started:
Professional indemnity insurance can be important for copywriters. This cover will pay out if a client suffers a loss due to your negligence or mistake. Some insurers also cover legal expenses that may be incurred in defending the case.
Business equipment cover covers the cost of replacing or fixing the equipment you use for your work, such as your computer. Simply Business can provide up to £10,000 of cover.
Public liability insurance is vital if you come into contact with members of the public during the course of your work. If you cause injury to a person or damage to their property while you are working, public liability insurance can cover the cost of a claim made against you. The generally accepted minimum level of public liability insurance is £2 million.
Details to look out for
- Make sure you understand any exclusions on your policy. You can read the policy documents online before you buy.
- Remember that equipment insurance will only cover you while your kit is in the UK. If you intend to take it abroad you will need a separate policy.
You may also be interested in...
We are here to help
Christmas call centre opening hours:
Monday 23rd Dec: 9am til 6pm
Christmas Eve: 10am til 2pm
Christmas Day: Closed
Boxing Day: Closed
Friday 27th Dec: 10am til 4pm
Saturday 28th Dec: 9am til 1pm
Sunday 29th Dec: Closed
Monday 30th Dec: 9am til 5pm
New Year's Eve: 10am til 2pm
New Year's Day: Closed
Jan 2nd: Normal hours return.