Translators’ insurance tailored to your professional needs
No matter how experienced a translator you are, there is always the potential for things to go wrong. This means that having the right insurance for your business is very important, as it will not only protect your business interests, but can also help you deal with the consequences of professional mistakes.
Buying translators’ insurance with Simply Business
Buying business insurance on our website is simple and quick.
- Build your ideal policy using our simple form
- Compare quotes from a range of trusted insurers
- Choose a quote and buy your policy online
- Speak to our UK insurance team if you get stuck
- Receive your documents online instantly
Building your translators’ insurance policy
There is a variety of covers that can be built into a policy suitable for translators. These will help you get started.
Public liability insurance is vital if you come into contact with members of the public during the course of your work. If you cause injury to a person or damage to their property while you are working, public liability insurance can cover the cost of a claim made against you.
Professional indemnity insurance is important for professional services. It will cover you if a client suffers a financial loss due to negligence or mistakes in your work. Some insurers also cover legal expenses that may be incurred in defending the case.
Details to look out for
- Make sure you understand any exclusions on your policy. You can read the policy documents online before you buy.
- If you employ staff, you must take out employers’ liability insurance. If you employ someone but do not take out insurance, you risk a fine of up to £2,500 for every day you are uninsured.
You may also be interested in...
We are here to help
Christmas call centre opening hours:
Monday 23rd Dec: 9am til 6pm
Christmas Eve: 10am til 2pm
Christmas Day: Closed
Boxing Day: Closed
Friday 27th Dec: 10am til 4pm
Saturday 28th Dec: 9am til 1pm
Sunday 29th Dec: Closed
Monday 30th Dec: 9am til 5pm
New Year's Eve: 10am til 2pm
New Year's Day: Closed
Jan 2nd: Normal hours return.