Plant and machinery insurance in one policy
As a building contractor or tradesman, you will most likely carry out your work on site of one of your customers. The plant machinery and tools you own or have hired on site are your responsibility. If they are damaged or stolen, you will be liable for the costs to replace or to repair the hired plant machinery.
Simply Business offers a hassle-free way to add hired plant insurance and own plant insurance as an extra cover that comes with your tradesman insurance or business insurance cover.
Benefits of our plant machinery insurance
- Available as a simple add-on cover with your business insurance
- Low excess
- Hired plant and own plant cover in one policy
- Off-site storage included
Building your plant machinery insurance cover
With Simply Business, it's simple and easy to add your plant insurance to your business insurance.
Plant hire insurance
If you hire-in plant and equipment, you are responsible for the equipment and tools -- whether they are in transit or at the building site. Hired plant insurance covers your legal liability under the terms of your hiring agreement to pay compensation for damage to hired-in plant. This includes legal defence costs and continuing hire charges for up to £15,000 per any single item.
Own plant insurance
You can include own plant cover with your business insurance. Own plant insurance provides cover for accidental loss of, or damage to, an item of your plant.
Tools and material cover
With Simply Business you can insure up to £10,000 worth of tools and equipment. Read more about tools and equipment cover.
Details to look out for
- Check the exclusions on the policy documents. For example, your equipment may only be insured on a site if there is a certain level of security.
- Don’t underestimate the value of your equipment.
- You can only buy equipment cover as an add-on to a business insurance policy.