Photographers' business insurance, tailored for your needs
Many photographers are underinsured. While most photographers understand the necessity of having their equipment insured, a large number do not realise the importance of other forms of professional cover.
Simply Business offers a range of insurance covers tailored to the needs of photographers, which can be bought in one simple policy.
Buying photographers' insurance with Simply Business
- Build a tailored policy using our simple quote form
- Compare quotes from trusted insurers
- Choose a quote and buy your policy online
- Speak to our UK insurance team if you get stuck
- Receive your documents online instantly
Building your photographers’ insurance policy
Our policies are flexible, so you can create your own from a range of business insurance covers for photographers. These should help you get started:
Professional indemnity insurance can cover the cost of claims made against you by clients who suffer financial loss as a result of bad advice or negligence in your work. Claims of this sort can be expensive. Professional indemnity cover is therefore important for the continued stability of your business.
Public liability insurance is vital if you come into contact with members of the public during the course of your work. If a member of the public is injured or their property is damaged because of your work, you will be held liable. Public liability insurance can cover the cost of any such claims made against you.
Business equipment insurance is particularly important for photographers, who rely on an expensive kit to do their job. Simply Business offers the cover you need to be confident that any loss or damage to your equipment is dealt with quickly, allowing you to get on with your job.
Details to look out for
- If you employ an assistant or any other member of staff, you are legally obliged to take out employers’ liability insurance. Failure to do so could result in a fine of up to £2,500 for every day you are uninsured.
- Consider asking potential clients what level of professional indemnity insurance they expect, and buy your cover accordingly.
- Make sure you read and understand any exclusions to your policy. Simply Business offers you the chance to read the policy documents in full before you buy.
You may also be interested in...
We are here to help
Christmas call centre opening hours:
Monday 23rd Dec: 9am til 6pm
Christmas Eve: 10am til 2pm
Christmas Day: Closed
Boxing Day: Closed
Friday 27th Dec: 10am til 4pm
Saturday 28th Dec: 9am til 1pm
Sunday 29th Dec: Closed
Monday 30th Dec: 9am til 5pm
New Year's Eve: 10am til 2pm
New Year's Day: Closed
Jan 2nd: Normal hours return.