Builders' insurance / public liability insurance
Insurance for builders can be complex, as insurers often consider the trade to be high risk. But at Simply Business, we have worked to simplify the process. Our quote form is designed with you in mind, so that you can compare a range of quotes, choose the policy that is right for you, and buy online in just minutes.
You can get public liability insurance and employers’ liability insurance, along with optional covers such as tools and contract works, in one competitively priced policy just by using our quick and simple form.
Buying builders’ insurance with Simply Business
- Build your ideal policy using our simple form
- Compare quotes from a range of trusted insurers
- Choose a quote and buy your policy online
- Speak to our UK insurance team if you get stuck
- Receive your documents online instantly
Building your business insurance policy
Your business has individual needs when it comes to insurance. Our quote form helps you to choose the right covers and build them into a policy tailored to your requirements. These core insurance covers should help you get started:
Public liability insurance – important for all building trades, public liability insurance will cover the cost of a claim if a member of the public is injured or killed, or if their property is damaged because of your business. Simply Business offers a minimum of £1 million in cover, up to £5 million.
Read our article: Why is public liability important?
Employers’ liability insurance – if you have employees or hire contractors, casual workers or temporary staff, you are required by law to take out employers’ liability cover. It will pay the cost of a claim from an employee who has been injured at work, or who has become seriously ill as a result of working for you.
Details to look out for
- Check the policy documents before you buy for exclusions and excess
- Consider buying insurance for your van so you can keep your business insurance policies in the same place