Receive affordable buy-to-let insurance quotes for landlords
As a buy-to-let landlord you have a great deal of responsibility – for the security and safety of your tenants, for keeping up mortgage payments, and for protecting your property and your investment.
Buy-to-let insurance is the only way to ensure that you are covered financially for circumstances that may put your investment in jeopardy. We offer a simple way to buy flexible, tailored landlord insurance cover for your buy-to-let property and can insure up to five properties on the same policy.
Buying your buy-to-let insurance
We’ve worked hard to make sure that buying landlord insurance is simple for buy-to-let investors.
- Build your policy using our simple quote form
- Compare quotes from a range of trusted insurers
- Choose a quote and buy it online
- Speak to our UK insurance team if you get stuck
- Receive your documents online instantly
Building your buy-to-let insurance policy
The covers you need for your buy-to-let vary depending on your circumstances. However there are a few key covers that are important for all landlords.
Buildings insurance covers you against damage caused to your property by certain events such as fire, storm or flood. You will be able to redeem the cost of completely re-building your property if necessary.
Contents insurance covers the cost of damage to your furniture, fixtures or fittings. The value of these items can be high, particularly if you have a number of properties, and a careless tenant could cause you significant loss.
Liability insurance can cover the cost of claims made against you as a result of injury suffered by your tenants or damage to their posessions which was your fault.
Details to look out for
- If you employ anyone you must take out employers’ liability insurance by law. Failure to do so could result in a fine of up to £2,500 for each day that you are uninsured.
- Make sure you read and understand any exclusions to your policy. Simply Business offers you the chance to read the policy documents in full before you buy.
- Remember that conventional home insurance policies will not cover your buy-to-let.
- If you own your property on a leasehold basis, you should check with your property management company whether they already cover buildings insurance.
- Your contents cover does not cover the posessions of your tenants.
We are here to help
Christmas call centre opening hours:
Monday 23rd Dec: 9am til 6pm
Christmas Eve: 10am til 2pm
Christmas Day: Closed
Boxing Day: Closed
Friday 27th Dec: 10am til 4pm
Saturday 28th Dec: 9am til 1pm
Sunday 29th Dec: Closed
Monday 30th Dec: 9am til 5pm
New Year's Eve: 10am til 2pm
New Year's Day: Closed
Jan 2nd: Normal hours return.