Business insurance for carpenters

Business insurance for carpenters

  • Simple form
  • Specialists cover
  • Low-cost insurance
  • Award winning claims process

Quotes provided by:

Business insurance logos

Carpenters’ insurance / public liability insurance

Because there are risks associated with the use of woodworking tools and machinery, having the right carpenters’ insurance is important. But, for a craftsman, working with your hands shouldn’t mean filling in endless business insurance forms!

To lighten the load for your business, we’ve made our insurance quotation form simple and our policies quick to buy. Get public liability insurance and employers’ liability insurance, along with optional covers such as tools insurance, in one great value policy.

Trust us with your carpenters' insurance / public liability insurance:

  • Compare quotes online from up to 8 trusted insurers
  • Low-cost insurance: you pay for only the covers you need
  • Speak to our UK insurance team if you get stuck
  • Award-winning claims process with 24/7 access
  • Receive your documents online instantly and by mail
  • We've helped over 200,000 businesses

Buying carpenters’ insurance with Simply Business in just a few simple steps...

  1. Build your ideal policy using our simple form
  2. Compare quotes from a range of trusted insurers
  3. Choose a quote and buy your policy online
  4. Speak to our UK insurance team if you get stuck
  5. Access your documents online instantly

Building your business insurance policy

It’s easy to tailor a policy to your individual needs, choosing from our range of carpenters’ insurance covers. These should help you get started:

Public liability insurance – covers the cost of a claim if a customer or member of the public is injured or killed, or if their property is damaged because of your business. Simply Business offers a minimum of £1 million in cover, or up to £10 million for businesses operating public sector contracts.

Employers’ liability insurance – if you have employees or hire contractors, casual workers or temporary staff, you are required by law to take out employers’ liability cover. It will pay the cost of a claim from an employee who has been injured at work, or who has become seriously ill as a result of working for you.

See our ‘covers box’ on the right for a further list of suitable covers.

Details to look out for on your policy

  • Check the policy documents before you buy for exclusions and excess.
  • Consider buying insurance for your van so you can keep your business insurance policies in the same place.

You may also be interested in...

Van insurance

Van insurance
  • Competitive quotes
  • Variety of trades covered
  • We cover Northern Ireland
Compare van insurance quotes

We are here to help

Search our frequently asked questions
Contact our customer services
Send us a tweet @sb_help
Call: 0845 450 9959

We will respond during office hours:
Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
Saturday 9am-2pm

Show others that you are insured

Order free stickers
or add a link to your
policy from your

Learn more