Contractors' insurance / professional indemnity insurance
Finding suitable insurance for contractors can be time-consuming and, depending on your trade, complex.
Our insurance experts have made comparing and buying contractors’ insurance online simple, with clear descriptions of business insurance covers and a quick, no-hassle form.
Buying contractors’ insurance with Simply Business
- Build a tailored policy using our simple form
- Compare business insurance quotes from a range of trusted insurers
- Choose a quote and buy it online
- Speak to our UK insurance team if you get stuck
- Access your documents online instantly
Building your business insurance policy
Depending on your trade, you will need a combination of business insurance covers tailored to your needs. These two covers are important for many contractors:
Professional indemnity insurance is important for contractors who give advice to clients. If your advice is faulty or you are found to be otherwise negligent, your client may suffer a financial loss for which you would be liable. Professional indemnity insurance can cover the cost of any resulting claims made against you.
Public liability insurance is very important as it covers the cost of claims made against you by members of the public who have been injured or their property damaged as a result of your business activities. We offer between £1m and £10m of cover.
Details to look out for on your policy
- If you employ staff you must take out employers’ liability insurance. Failure to do so could land you with a fine of £2,500 for every day you are uninsured.
- Consider asking potential clients what level of professional indemnity cover they expect, and buy your cover accordingly.
- Make sure you understand any exclusions on your policy. Simply Business offers you the chance to read the policy documents online before you buy.
You may also be interested in...
News & Articles
- 40 per cent of small businesses suffer 'significant' legal problem
- Small businesses 'may never be compensated' over interest rate swap mis-selling
- More news