Groundworkers’ insurance / public liability insurance
The risk associated with groundwork is varied, as you could be working on a private house build or on a public road. This also means that groundworkers’ insurance policies can be quite complex.
The Simply Business team has worked hard to make buying insurance for tradesmen simple and quick. Whether you only need public liability insurance or are looking to include several covers, you can get tailored quotes and buy online in minutes.
Buying groundworkers’ insurance with Simply Business
- Build your ideal policy using our simple form
- Compare quotes from a range of trusted insurers
- Choose a quote and buy your policy online
- Speak to our UK insurance team if you get stuck
- Access your documents online instantly
Building your business insurance policy
You may need a range of covers for groundworkers included in your policy. These core covers should help you get started:
Public liability insurance – covers the cost of a claim if one of your clients or member of the public is injured or killed, or if their property is damaged because of your business. Simply Business offers a minimum of £1 million in cover, or up to £10 million for businesses operating public sector contracts.
Read our article: Why is public liability important?
Employers’ liability insurance – if you have employees or hire contractors, casual workers or temporary staff, you are required by law to take out employers’ liability cover. It will pay the cost of a claim from an employee who has been injured at work, or who has become seriously ill as a result of working for you.
Details to look out for
- Check the policy documents before you buy for exclusions and excess. With our service you can do this for each quote before buying.
- Consider buying insurance for your van so you can keep your business insurance policies in the same place.
You may also be interested in...
We are here to help
Christmas call centre opening hours:
Monday 23rd Dec: 9am til 6pm
Christmas Eve: 10am til 2pm
Christmas Day: Closed
Boxing Day: Closed
Friday 27th Dec: 10am til 4pm
Saturday 28th Dec: 9am til 1pm
Sunday 29th Dec: Closed
Monday 30th Dec: 9am til 5pm
New Year's Eve: 10am til 2pm
New Year's Day: Closed
Jan 2nd: Normal hours return.