Restaurant insurance, tailored for your business
Restaurants can be high risk environments, both for customers and for employees. Even the most stringently applied health and safety procedures can’t prevent accidents from happening occasionally. For this reason, it is important to have restaurant insurance.
Using our simple form, you can build a restaurant insurance policy tailored to the needs of your business.
Buying restaurant insurance with Simply Business
- Build your ideal policy using our simple form
- Compare quotes from trusted insurers
- Choose a quote and buy your policy online
- Speak to our UK insurance team if you get stuck
- Access your documents online instantly
Building your restaurant insurance policy
Our quote form helps you to choose the right covers for your restaurant and build them into a policy tailored to your requirements. These core insurance covers should help you get started:
Public liability insurance – will cover the cost of a claim if a customer or member of the public is injured or killed, or if their property is damaged while on your premises. For example, if a spill hasn’t been dealt with correctly and a customers slips and is injured, they could claim compensation. Your policy would cover the cost on behalf of your restaurant.
Employers’ liability insurance – restaurants have staff, so you are therefore legally required to purchase employers’ liability cover. It will pay the cost of a claim from an employee who has been injured at work, or who has become seriously ill as a result of working for you.
Use our covers box to find out which optional restaurant insurance covers are available.
Details to look out for
- Check the policy documents before you buy for exclusions and excess.
- Check whether you need buildings insurance. If you rent your premises, your landlord may take care of this already.
- Be aware of the difference between contents cover and fixtures and fittings cover. You may need both, as they insure different types of items within your premises.