Pub insurance tailored for <em>your</em> business

Pub insurance tailored for your business

  • Competitive quotes in minutes
  • Expert UK support
  • Trusted insurers
  • Easy claims process

Quotes provided by:

Professional business insurance for your licensed premises or pub

Publicans deal with the best and worst in human behaviour. When alcohol is involved, there is always that element of risk – to your customers, to your staff, and to your property. It is therefore very important to get the right pub insurance. Using our simple form, you can build a pub insurance policy tailored to your business needs.

Buying pub insurance with Simply Business

  • A range of covers under one simply policy
  • Reliable, trusted insurers
  • Cover levels to suit your needs and budget
  • Friendly, experienced UK contact centre team
  • Instant cover and online documents

Essential pub insurance covers

Public liability insurance – will cover the cost of a claim if a customer in your pub is injured or killed, or if their property is damaged while they are in your pub or on your property.

Pub buildings insurance - if you own the building where your pub is located, it is essential to have business buildings insurance cover. Our special pub buildings insurance policy will cover the costs of rebuilding your licensed premises. Simply Business also offers subsidence cover for your pub. Read more about business buildings insurance.

Employers’ liability insurance – if you hire staff for your pub, you are required by law to take out employers’ liability cover. It will pay the cost of a claim from an employee who has been injured at work, or who has become seriously ill as a result of working for you.

Optional pub insurance covers

Loss of liquor licence - Even when you aren't at fault, you could still lose your liquor licence. If the circumstances are outside your control, we will cover you against the loss of value of your business premises and loss of profit.

Pub contents cover - Your pub contents can be covered by our pub contents insurance. You can also take out cover for fixtures and fittings, such as the bar and furniture. Contents insurance covers you against a wide range of perils and disasters such as fire, theft, water and more.

Business interruption for pubs - With this optional insurance, we cover your loss of income when your business is interrupted. This revenue protection helps you stay in business in the event of a disaster.

Theft by employees - If a member of staff is dishonest, this policy covers you against theft by one of your staff members.

Read more about all our business insurance covers.

Details to look out for

  • Check the policy documents before you buy for exclusions and excess.
  • Do you need your own buildings cover, or is this provided by your brewery?
  • Contents cover and fixtures and fittings cover insure different types of items within your premises. You may also require front of premises cover.

You may also be interested in...

Commercial van insurance

Commercial van insurance
  • Comprehensive cover
  • Third party fire & theft
  • Northern Ireland covered
Compare commercial van insurance quotes

Landlord insurance

  • Buildings and contents
  • Tenant default cover
  • Loss of rent cover
  • Public liability insurance
Landlord insurance

We are here to help

Search our frequently asked questions
Contact our customer services
Send us a tweet @sb_help
Call: 0845 450 9959

We will respond during office hours:
Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
Saturday 9am-2pm

Show others that you are insured

Order free stickers
or add a link to your
policy from your

Learn more