Public liability insurance for chefs

Public liability insurance for chefs

  • Simple form
  • Compare up to 8 trusted insurers
  • Expert UK support
  • Easy claims

Quotes provided by:

business insurers

Chefs' business insurance, tailored for your professional needs

Chef insurance covers

If you work as a chef on a contract or freelance basis, you will need your own business insurance. Having the right public liability cover will make you more employable and ensure that you are covered financially should an accident happen.

Shopping around for your cover is important, but it can be time consuming. Simply Business provides a simple one-stop service where you can build your tailored policy, compare a range of quotes, buy your insurance, and manage it online.

Buying chefs' insurance with Simply Business

  1. Build your ideal policy using our simple quote form
  2. Compare quotes from a range of trusted insurers
  3. Choose a quote and buy your policy online
  4. Speak to our UK insurance team if you get stuck
  5. Access your documents online instantly

Building your chefs' insurance policy

If you aren’t sure which insurance covers you need, these should help you get started.

Public liability insurance – will cover the cost of a compensation claim from a customer or member of the public who is injured or killed, or whose property is damaged because of you or your business.

Business equipment insurance – if you use your own equipment in your work, it makes sense to get it insured. Business equipment insurance will cover the cost of replacing any of your equipment that gets damaged or is stolen.

Details to look out for

  • Check the policy documents for exclusions and excess before you buy. Simply Business allows you to do this for every quote.
  • You may be expected to have a certain level of public liability cover in order to get work, so find out what this is before buying your policy.
  • Why not consider getting van insurance quotes as well? It makes sense to keep all your business covers and documents in one place.

You may also be interested in...

Restaurant insurance

Restaurant insurance
  • Buildings insurance
  • Fixtures and fittings
  • Front of premises
Restaurant insurance

Commercial van insurance

Van insurance
  • Comprehensive cover
  • Third party fire & theft
  • Northern Ireland covered
Commercial van insurance

We are here to help

Search our frequently asked questions
Contact our customer services
Send us a tweet @sb_help
Call: 0845 450 9959

We will respond during office hours:
Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
Saturday 9am-2pm

Show others that you are insured

Order free stickers
or add a link to your
policy from your

Learn more