Public liability insurance for caterers

Public liability insurance for caterers

  • Competitive quotes
  • UK specialists available
  • Trusted insurers
  • Instant cover

Quotes provided by:

Business insurers

Catering insurance, tailored to your business

Covers for caterers

Catering is a flexible and varied business. You may work in a variety of venues. You may occasionally work with different staff and with equipment that is not your own.  Wherever you work, you are also always prone to the risks that are inherrent to the food service industry. For these reasons, having the right insurance is essential for the protection of your catering business interests.

Simply Business offers a simple way to choose and buy a tailored caterer's insurance policy. You can build your policy, compare quotes, buy your insurance, and manage your policy all in one place, saving you valuable time as well as money.

Buying catering insurance with Simply Business

  • Build your ideal policy using our simple quote form
  • Compare quotes from a range of trusted insurers
  • Choose a quote and buy your policy online
  • Speak to our UK insurance team if you get stuck
  • Access your documents online instantly

Building your catering business insurance policy

If you aren’t sure which insurance covers you need, these should help you get started.

Public liability insurance – will cover the cost of a claim if a customer or member of the public is injured or killed, or if their property is damaged because of your business. If you cater in different venues they will expect you to have an appropriate level of public liability cover.

Employers’ liability insurance – if you hire staff, even casual or temporary workers, you must have employers’ liability cover by law. It will pay the cost of a claim from an employee who has been injured at work, or who has become seriously ill as a result of working for you.

Details to look out for

  • Check the policy documents for exclusions and excess before you buy. Simply Business allows you to do this for every quote.
  • If you have a business premises, check whether you need buildings insurance. If you rent your premises, your landlord may take care of this already.
  • Why not consider getting van insurance quotes too? It makes sense to keep all your business covers and documents in one place.

You may also be interested in...

Van insurance

Van insurance
  • Comprehensive cover
  • Third party fire & theft
  • Northern Ireland covered
Van insurance

Landlord insurance

Landlord insurance
  • Buildings and contents
  • Tenant default cover
  • Loss of rent cover
Landlord insurance

We are here to help

Search our frequently asked questions
Contact our customer services
Send us a tweet @sb_help
Call: 0845 450 9959

We will respond during office hours:
Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
Saturday 9am-2pm

Show others that you are insured

Order free stickers
or add a link to your
policy from your

Learn more