Web designers' insurance tailored for your business
As a web designer, the service you provide your clients can make or break their business. Comprehensive business insurance is important, as it will cover you in case mistakes you make cause damage to your client's business.
Business insurance may seem complicated and time-consuming, but with Simply Business, it is easy to buy. Simply Business helps you build a policy tailored for your web design business, bought online, quickly and with no fuss.
Buying your web designers' insurance
We’ve worked hard to make sure that buying your web design insurance is simple.
- Build a tailored policy using our simple quote form
- Choose a quote and buy your policy online
- Speak to our UK insurance team if you get stuck
- Receive your policy documents direct to your inbox
Building your web designers' insurance policy
The covers you need will depend on the nature of your business, but these should help you get started:
Professional indemnity insurance covers the cost if a client suffers a financial loss as a result of faulty work or negligent advice on your part, and they make a claim against you for damages. Without professional indemnity insurance, you may find it difficult to get business with larger firms.
Public liability insurance covers the cost of claims made against you from people who have suffered injury or have had their property damaged because of you. Claims of this kind can be financially crippling, and can arise from something as simple as a trailing laptop lead.
Details to look out for
- Where possible, ask potential clients what level of professional indemnity insurance they expect, and buy your policy accordingly.
- Make sure you read and understand any exclusions on your policy. Simply Business offers you the chance to read the policy documents in full before you buy.
- If you do any work for public sector clients, you are likely to require a higher level of public liability insurance. Check with your clients first to ensure that you have sufficient cover.
You may also be interested in...
We are here to help
Christmas call centre opening hours:
Monday 23rd Dec: 9am til 6pm
Christmas Eve: 10am til 2pm
Christmas Day: Closed
Boxing Day: Closed
Friday 27th Dec: 10am til 4pm
Saturday 28th Dec: 9am til 1pm
Sunday 29th Dec: Closed
Monday 30th Dec: 9am til 5pm
New Year's Eve: 10am til 2pm
New Year's Day: Closed
Jan 2nd: Normal hours return.