Professional indemnity insurance and liability cover for publishers
Covers for your business
Publishers can easily come under fire for claims made against them, regarding situations such as plagiarism or disgruntled authors. The legal fees in such cases can be extremely high, even without the threat of compensation payment.
For an independent publisher, it makes good financial sense to have professional indemnity insurance that covers professional claims, along with other business insurance covers like public liability and employers’ liability.
Buying your flexible publishers' insurance
- Complete our simple form
- Choose covers suitable for your business
- Compare quotes
- Buy online or speak with our UK contact centre
- Get instant cover and documents online
Building your tailored publishers’ insurance policy
Simply Business offers a simple, flexible way to build a publishers’ insurance policy from a mix of key covers and optional covers.
Public liability insurance – if you come into contact with clients and/or the public regularly, you may wish to protect your business against claims from those who have been injured or have had their property damaged because of your business.
Professional indemnity insurance – this covers the cost of claims made against your publishing business by clients for faulty work or advice, or negligence in your business activity. This cover can also pay for legal expenses in some cases.
Employers’ liability insurance – if you employ staff, you are required by law to take out employers’ liability insurance. This cover will protect you against claims from staff for injuries or illnesses that have occurred while working.
Details to look out for
- More flexible cover choices – now you can take out a professional indemnity insurance policy separate from public liability or employers' liability.
- Check your exclusions and excess on the policy documents before buying.
- Buildings cover now extends to home office premises.