Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Software Developer in Test - London
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
If you’re smart, passionate about technology and enjoy solving complex technical challenges then you should apply to join our best-in-class tech team.
We believe that the purpose of testing is to ensure that our software delivers business value in a quick, safe and reliable fashion. With this in mind, we are looking for a test automation expert with strong collaboration skills to work with our developers and product owners.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working in an Agile environment, preferably one practising Continuous Delivery and Lean Software Development principles
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (preferably Ruby but any other is fine)
- Understanding of BDD, ability to work with product owners to clarify business rules and capture these for automation (for example using Gherkin and the Cucumber framework)
- Extensive knowledge of browser automation tools such as Capybara, Selenium or Watir
- Experience having built and maintained test frameworks
- Comfortable pair programming with developers when implementing features
- Understanding of the value of different types of testing (unit, integration, end-to-end) and when to apply them
- Eagerness to be involved in software design and code review sessions
- Knowledge of how to use debugging tools and analyse stack traces to understand the causes of bugs
- Ability to review existing tests to check coverage (and highlight areas where coverage is deficient)
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits for every staff member we offer life assurance, a pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, love2shop vouchers and up to 5 days additional annual leave each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.