Sr. Manager: Customer Research and Insights
Simply Business is planning to disrupt the US small business insurance market, building its first international business outside of the UK. Through blending a combination of technology, data and insurance knowledge, with 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers, we are looking to simplify the insurance buying process for all small businesses across the US.
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colorful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences across an integrated online and offline user journey, and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our startup team.
Our customer is at the core of everything we do at Simply Business. Reporting to the US Vice President of Customer, the Sr. Manager: Customer Research and Insights will establish our Voice of the Customer, Customer Research, and Customer Insights practices and help embed a customer-focused culture in our rapidly growing team, partnering across the entire organization to deliver impactful research insights. We are looking for someone who can drive our research strategy, uncover insights, develop and clearly articulate their recommendations and influence decisions across the organization ensuring the customer voice is always represented. In addition, you will be responsible for developing our Net Promoter Score (NPS), reviews program and feedback programs
- Work cross functionally throughout entire organization and support the Customer Team’s core objectives
- Entrench yourself with the product teams and really understand what research should/could be done
- Define research strategy and manage projects across a variety of methodologies
- Identify and optimize key opportunities to develop user insights and influence customer behavior to drive towards Simply Business’ goals
- Design and conduct qualitative and quantitative studies, analyze data, and share findings
- Source and manage relationships with external research vendors, when needed
- Communicate research findings internally in clear and compelling ways and embed customer-focused thinking in the team
- Work cross-functionally with marketing and product management leadership
- Working closely with our internal and external stakeholder/colleagues, agencies, and vendors.
- Lead the development, delivery and measurement of our customer insights
- Passionately represent our customers and ensure their voice is heard in every business decision
What we are looking for:
- Customer centric senior manager that can help us reach our end-consumers in a clear, concise, manner. A true passion for understanding the customer is a must!
- Bachelor’s degree in business, psychology or other related field
- 5 years of research experience
- Experience delivering customer research as part of the product development lifecycle either at a startup or within a new product/market division
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience building a voice of the customer practice from scratch is highly desirable
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
- Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
- Participation in the Company’s bonus program
- Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
- Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
- 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
- Flexible working hours and working from home
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose) and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.