Senior Manager- Customer Campaigns
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Simply Business is planning to disrupt the US small business insurance market, building its first international business outside of the UK. Through blending a combination of technology, data and insurance knowledge, with 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers, we are looking to simplify the insurance buying process for all small businesses across the US.
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colorful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences across an integrated online and offline user journey, and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our startup team.
Our customers are at the core of what we do at Simply Business, Inc. As Senior Manager- Customer Campaigns you will be an integral member of the Customer team that’s responsible for the marketing funnel - from click to renewal. You will primarily be responsible for the execution and reporting of all marketing campaigns. Additionally, you will help decide campaign strategy, drive the set-up, execution, reporting, and optimization of our campaigns, and work with internal/external teams. Following a strict Lean Startup approach, your goal is to ensure we develop hypotheses, test them, report our learnings, and define next steps. With your expertise in digital channels, you will be responsible for driving the conversation around what channels we should be using for each campaign. Your ability to develop data-driven insights and recommendations, will be critical to our organization, our customer acquisition, and ultimately your success. You will work closely with the marketing team, and cross-functionally with internal and external teams, partners, agencies, and vendors to ensure our target audience understands our product offering and comes to us when they need insurance for their business. Strong presentation and reporting skills will be required to deliver updates and/or live presentations to the management team and the business.
- Gain a deep understanding of our customers and what channel mix works best to reach them
- Devise integrated marketing campaigns with the aim of informing, acquiring, and retaining customers
- Strategizing, implementation, tracking, measuring, and reporting out on marketing campaign performance
- Campaign set-up, execution, reporting, and optimization
- Work closely with and brief internal teams, external agencies and vendors, designers, animators and printers
- Build out the Customer Campaign team as needed
- Manage the media budget to our KPIs, track and report performance
- Work closely with Brand, Communications and Design teams to ensure branding and messaging are within the guidelines
- Keen understanding of campaign ROI
- Keep up to date with current trends in marketing, digital marketing, marketing channels, and campaign management
What we are looking for:
- Customer centric approach to all you do
- 4+ years experience managing campaigns, digital marketing programs, media
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
- Agency experience is a plus
- Expert understanding of Google AdWords, and modern digital media (certification preferred)
- Experience using visual reporting tools
- Experience managing and or coordinating projects in a fast pace environment
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets
- Can do attitude and a team player
- Ability to work independently, with internal teams, and external agencies
- Strong data acumen and ability to turn data into stories and actionable insights
- Expert project management skills ensuring all tasks are delivered on time and properly communicated to the business
- Someone who is excited about the way we work. You can read up on us here:
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
- Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
- Participation in the Company’s bonus program
- Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
- Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
- 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
- Flexible working hours and working from home
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose) and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.