Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Senior Innovation Manager - Northampton
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea. It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 425,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We believe in testing innovation with customers to understand what works and what doesn’t. By building, measuring and learning and repeating again we can build an operation that adapts to customer needs.
The team will drive a culture of innovation with strong measures of outcomes through the implementation of agile development within a contact centre environment.
You will be responsible for the telephony innovation strategy that drives performance. You will be accountable for the measurement and understanding of how the telephony strategy impacts revenue performance (for new business, renewal, tailored cover and customer service) against the current budget. And, through working with key stakeholders across the business, you will also be responsible for the development and preparation of a backlog of activities to increase the revenue generated per lead within the contact centre.
As the Senior Innovation Manager you will:
- Have a key role within the Northampton office, driving iterative change within the contact centre channel thorough build, measure, learn
- Be able to “think outside the box” when creating and testing new ideas in order to revolutionise the way we speak with our customers
- Be responsible for the delivery of product and customer analysis leading to continuous improvement within the area of responsibility
- Be responsible for setting, managing and delivering against P&L targets
- Create a culture using data to identify areas of opportunity
- Work closely with the operations managers to deliver a culture of performance that facilitates change
- Delivering budgetary targets
- Driving a smarter way of working in the contact centre
- Building and maintaining good relationships with key stakeholders in the business
- The creation of a workforce that is motivated by customer outcomes rather than sales targets
- Ensuring that Northampton is viewed as a key part of the delivery of Simply Business’ service, rather than an internal supplier
What we are looking for:
- Significant experience of change management
- Experience in product management and delivery
- Demonstrable commitment to self development - through a higher level qualification in business or equivalent
- Experience of lean and agile processes
- Desire to work in an environment which is willing to push the boundaries to create customer satisfaction
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
- life cover (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
- a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- a stakeholder pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
- a full gym membership
- private medical insurance
- cinema passes
- up to 5 extra days annual leave
- shopping vouchers
- dental and/or travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, childcare vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, cheeky manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Town Centre, Northampton
The Simply Business culture is truly unique. And you sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.