Simply Business is planning to disrupt the US small business insurance market, building its first international business outside of the UK. Through blending a combination of technology, data and insurance knowledge, with 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers, we are looking to simplify the insurance buying process for all small businesses across the US.
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colourful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences across an integrated online and offline user journey, and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our startup team.
We are looking for a Program Manager to help us organize, track and drive cross-functional projects of all sizes for our US business. Projects will range from setting up a local contact center to coordinating hackathons with local non-profit groups to assisting with our B-Corp certification.
This role is perfect for someone that is excited about building an amazing business in Boston, has outstanding organizational and stakeholder management skills and enjoys being involved with an array of different initiatives.
- Organize, track and drive projects of all sizes including large cross-functional initiatives
- Create documentation to hold teams accountable and keep them on track
- Provide motivation and direction to ensure that team project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved in a timely manner
- Lead and drive project status meetings to begin, troubleshoot and successfully complete projects.
- Monitor and report on progress of projects to all stakeholders and the Leadership Team
- Create great project teams and facilitate cross-functional collaboration
What we are looking for:
- Advanced knowledge of project management methodologies and tools
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business or related field
- 5+ years of experience managing large scale programs and projects
- Experience partnering with business stakeholders to plan and deliver a wide array of projects
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and projects, meet deadlines and manage to schedule
- Ability to develop effective relationships with a broad array of individuals
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
- Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
- Participation in the Company’s bonus program
- Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
- Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
- 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
- Flexible working hours and working from home
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose) and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.