Social Media Community Manager - Boston
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Simply Business is planning to disrupt the US small business insurance market, building its first international business outside of the UK. We are looking to simplify the insurance-buying process for all small businesses across the US by blending a combination of technology, data and insurance knowledge.
We have 10 years of expertise in the UK in building great products for our customers, and now we’re ready to do it in the US!
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colorful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
As a Social Media Community Manager, you will build out Simply Business USA’s social footprint from scratch. This includes identifying which social channels we need to be active in, launching and monitoring these channels, as well as developing our online community - a place where we can inform, educate, and communicate with our audiences. Working closely with our Content Producer, you will give life to our content and help ensure it connects with our key customer segments, drives awareness of our brand, and ultimately assists in conversion.
Your success will be measured by your ability to immerse yourself in our key customer segments, the creation of our social presence and growth of our followers, overall engagement level, and insights provided back to the business from our community activity.
As a Social Media Community Manager you will:
- Create, develop, and manage Simply Business USA’s social presence and communities
- Conduct social listening and provide insights back to the business
- Create and drive our social strategy and calendar
- Manage our PR agency and strategy
- Help ensure brand voice is consistent across all customer touch points
- Partner closely with Content and Product teams, developers, international colleagues, and external agencies
- Creating a social persona for Simply Business USA and actively engaging with the small business community
- Identifying and monitoring proper channels, developing online brand visibility and trust by building and managing our social media channels and communities
- Setting up, managing, and monitoring our customer reviews program
- Identifing, organizing, and determining participation in events to build brand awareness
- Working with our Marketing and Product teams to ensure social content supports customer segments
- Developing social content to support marketing, product, and overall business needs
- Working independently and/or with outside vendors to develop social marketing strategies/content
- Developing a brand ambassador program
- Reviewing and reporting on social metrics plus providing business insights
- Continually researching and executing new social strategies that enhance user experiences and interactions with the brand
- Monitoring sentiment and reporting back to the business
What we are looking for:
- Substantial proven experience in a similar role i.e. Social Manager
- Experience launching community initiatives, launching new social channels, and building audiences
- Experience developing segment expertise to deliver social content that connects
- The ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- A people person and team player that can work across multiple teams
- Great organizational skills: you have an ability to drive multiple projects on time
- A strong advocate of customers: You start with the customer’s needs before deciding on channel mix and positioning
- Self starter/go-getter able to work in a startup environment
- Flexibility and tenacity with a focus on delivery
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Higher level qualification
- Someone who is excited about the way we work
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
- Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Participation in the Company’s bonus program
- Participation in 401(k) plan
- Share scheme to be put in place
- Minimum of 25 days holiday
- Flexible working hours and working from home
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose) and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more.
The Simply Business culture is truly unique. And you sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.