Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
BizOps Lead - Northampton & London
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea. It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 425,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
Leading a team of engineers running the technical delivery of the BizOps Infrastructure and Helpdesk to enable Simply Business employees to do their jobs effectively.
As BizOps Lead you will:
- Continue to build and lead a helpdesk team that supports a continually expanding business
- Migrate computers from Active Directory into a single sign on solution across the business
- Collaborate with all Simply Business departments to help co-ordinate the migrating to Google Drive for file storage
- Deliver a smooth Google hangout and A/V experience with meticulous detail to variables such as the office internet bandwidth, Wi-Fi access point capacity, client device performance issues and speaker/headset setup. The target is knowing when someone is having a bad hangouts experience before they do
- Address office refurbishments and growth
- Maintain the quality of office dynamics such as uniformly setting up employee desks to cater for hot desking, meeting rooms and smooth video conferencing capabilities
- Iterate and automate the provisioning, deployment and continuous integration of Macs, Dell laptops and Chromebooks. The goal really is to take it out of the box, plug it in for automated provisioning at the “click of a button” and then hand it over
- Creating and maintaining elegant and easy to use solutions and tools that drive self service
- Working collaboratively with helpdesk engineers to support the end users and to continue to build a self organising helpdesk team
- Performing trend analysis to understand ways to improve systems and service
- Working with the BizOps Lead to implement the helpdesk and technology vision that supports the growth of the company
- Setting and managing KPIs and being able to communicate these clearly and effectively to a broader audience
- Supporting and mentoring Junior team members
- Building / maintaining a knowledge base for both end users and the Helpdesk team
- Ownership of processes e.g outages / escalations
- Working with the security team to ensure user technology implemented is in line with the company’s security standards and best practices
What we are looking for:
- Being technically hands on
- Creating amazingly useful and intuitive solutions, in a collaborative way, which drive self-service
- Serious attention to detail
- Ensuring ongoing good results
- Providing a clear focus to ensure that the work done is of high value and executed to the best possible standard
- Experience leading a helpdesk team, as well as 1st & 2nd line support
- Ability to create and drive the adoption of self service tools and portals
- Knowledge of Cloud / SaaS technology adoption and practices such as Google Apps
- Knowledge of Windows / OSX configuration and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Windows/OSX/Chromebook provisioning and deployment
- Experience with Build-Measure-Learn or other scientific methods for achieving business results
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Cisco Meraki and Jumpcloud
- The ability to work with business teams and stakeholders (including managing expectations and being clear about priorities)
- Someone who really cares about doing things right
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
- life cover (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
- a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- a stakeholder pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
- a full gym membership
- private medical insurance
- cinema passes
- up to 5 extra days annual leave
- shopping vouchers
- dental and/or travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, childcare vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, cheeky manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
The Simply Business culture is truly unique. And you sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.