Marketing Data Solutions Analyst
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea. It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 400,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We’re looking for a Marketing Data Solutions Analyst to join us in our London office. When you join, you’ll help us deliver intelligent, responsive and highly effective multi-channel marketing campaigns by leveraging and expanding the capabilities of our award-winning data platform and marketing technology stack.
We believe in the power of data to transform and improve any system, be it a single team, or for the organisation as a whole. Our teams are cross-functional teams – we believe in collaboration across the whole organisation and we see tech and business as one team working together on projects (in fact, we even have our business product owners writing code). And we’re all about continuous innovation – we do twice yearly hackathons to drive experimentation with new technologies and ways of working.
As a Marketing Data Solutions Analyst you will:
- support marketing with developing their channel execution capabilities, ensuring data is front and centre of all solutions
- work with stakeholders to design and deliver targeted and responsive multi-channel campaigns to deliver maximum LTV
- ensure stakeholders have access to the right data to make decisions
- work alongside a talented team of data engineers - you will help steer their work ensuring it’s adding maximum value
- Over time, you will develop your business and data analysis skills to tackle wider architectural concerns, aiming to become a solutions architect
- building and maintaining strong relationships across marketing function and product teams
- collecting requirements, prioritising, designing and delivering innovative solutions to marketing problems
- integrating data from internal and external systems
- providing operational support for systems and processes
- designing reports and dashboards and supporting users
- ad hoc analysis - interpreting and communicating results
What we are looking for:
- knowledge and aptitude working with CRMs, DSPs, databases and related systems. Must embrace innovative technologies for marketing purposes
- a passion for data and how it can be used to improve the customer experience
- strong product orientation, with a relentless focus on delivering customer and business value
- strong SQL and data modelling skills and experience using reporting tools such as Looker, Tableau or Qlikview
- wxperience collecting requirements from business users, turning these into technical designs and negotiating the architectural implications of proposed changes
- strong analytical skills and an ability to connect the dots
- an understanding of programming languages and development approaches
- a desire to be highly collaborative, combined with an ability to span business, technology and data domains
- excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
- life cover (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
- a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- an auto enrolment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
- a full gym membership
- private medical insurance
- up to 5 extra days annual leave
- shopping vouchers
- dental insurance
- travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, cheeky manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
The Simply Business culture is truly unique. And you sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.