Programme Manager - London or Northampton
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea. It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 425,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
Working in our Group Change team you will be supporting the business to deliver programmes of change, including strategic planning and ensuring effective change management.
As a Programme Manager you will:
- forecast, plan and manage large scale change programmes of works
- manage the project/programme backlog
- manage the process for determining the scale of work, triage of projects and prioritising
- track the value of projects against agreed targets and budget
- ensure the company is using best practice tailored to our business needs in delivering projects
- produce all programme reports for the Simply Business Management Team and Board
- understanding and estimating task effort and timing, and communicating that effectively
- ensuring clear communication of project prioritisation decisions to all relevant stakeholders
- working closely with the Digital Product Team when delivering programmes of work that impact on customer facing product
- Working closely with Risk and Compliance Team to ensure programme delivery incorporates strategic risk management, and supporting regulatory requirements as required
What we are looking for:
- 5+ year experience of project/programme management
- experience of traditional and agile project management
- experience with product teams in a product-centric environment
- experience of transformation change management in mid cap organisations
- strong communication, influencing, and negotiation skills
- experience with a fintech businesses
- strong analytical skill set
- strategic decision making
- familiarity with project and programme management software
- budgetary management
- experience with managing supplier relationships
- experience with managing projects in a regulated environment
- recognised Project Management Qualifications such as PRINCE2, PMP, Agile/CSM, etc.
- educated to a degree level, preferably in a business discipline
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
- life cover (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
- a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- a stakeholder pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
- a full gym membership
- private medical insurance
- cinema passes
- up to 5 extra days annual leave
- shopping vouchers
- dental and/or travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, childcare vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, cheeky manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Bank, London or Northampton
The Simply Business culture is truly unique. And you sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.