Simply Business - Insurance for your business

Call Us0333 0146 683
Our opening hours

Fixtures and fittings insurance

Quick, easy and specific. Compare and buy today.

Start your quote

Compare quotes from leading brands

  • nig logo.
  • chiswell logo.
  • ageas logo.
  • more than logo.
  • hiscox logo.
  • axa logo.
  • zurich logo.
  • aig logo.
  • covea logo.
  • churchill logo.
  • finsbury logo.
checklist logo.

Trusted by 800,000 customers

Insuring businesses and landlords for over a decade

conversation logo.

Satisfaction score of 9/10

For public liability insurance

team logo.

Award-winning claims team

With a UK-based team available 24/7

Tailored cover for your fixtures and fittings

When you rent out a property you want to keep your fixtures and fittings protected.

Generally, your fixtures and fittings are covered by your landlord buildings insurance, but in some cases - for example if you own a flat and the buildings insurance is arranged by the freeholder - you may decide to take out a policy to cover your fixtures and fittings.

Whether it’s ruined skirting boards or damaged kitchen units, this insurance will help you cover the costs of repairing or replacing any damaged fixtures and fittings in your property.

Start your quote

Landlord insurance covers

contents cover

Landlords fixtures and fittings definition

The definition of fixtures and fittings, for insurance purposes, is anything that cannot reasonably be removed and taken to a new home.

If you turned the building upside down and shook it, anything that didn’t fall loose would generally count as a fixture or fitting. That includes curtains and blinds, skirting boards, carpets, built-in units and plumbed-in items like sinks and toilets.

Does contents insurance cover fixtures and fittings?

Contents insurance covers items that can be removed from the property, such as furniture. It doesn’t cover fixtures and fittings.

watch the details

Why Simply Business?

  • We're one of the UK's biggest business insurance providers
  • All settled claims paid within 24 hours
  • 9/10 Feefo ratings say we’re good (or excellent)
  • 800,000 customers (and counting)
  • Claims handled by an award-winning team
  • Quote comparisons available from multiple insurers
  • We run things from an expert, UK-based contact centre

All of this, plus expert insight and connections in our Knowledge Centre, full of tips, articles, videos, and podcasts to help you manage your rental.

We create this content for general information purposes and it should not be taken as advice. Always check policy documentation for details and seek professional advice. Read our full Terms and Conditions

Rated 4.7/5 by customers

feefo logo.

Our score is based on the reviews we’ve collected on Feefo, the independent customer research specialist.

Read our reviews

It is a very good and easy to use service. I've been a customer for several years and the renewal system is very straight forward. I've always found the quotes competitive too. I'd definitely recommend Simply Business.

R Matthews, Handyman

Fixtures and fittings insurance

Keep up to date with Simply Business. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and follow us on social media.

Subscribe to our newsletter


Public liability insuranceBusiness insuranceLandlord insuranceTradesman insuranceCharity insuranceNot for profit insuranceRestaurant insuranceCommercial van insuranceInsurers


6th Floor99 Gresham StreetLondonEC2V 7NG

Sol House29 St Katherine's StreetNorthamptonNN1 2QZ

© Copyright 2021 Simply Business. All Rights Reserved. Simply Business is a trading name of Xbridge Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Registration No: 313348). Xbridge Limited (No: 3967717) has its registered office at 6th Floor, 99 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7NG.