Recruitment agency insurance

Get tailored quotes in 7 minutes

  • UK-based expert support, online and on the phone
  • Get covered and all your documents the same day
  • Compare recruitment agency insurance from trusted brands
Recruiter sat casually on desk with coffee talking to candidate

Why do you need recruitment agency insurance?

Your clients trust you to solve some of their trickiest people problems. No wonder recruitment is so valuable. Headhunting, screening candidates, IR35 complexities – one rogue reference could spell disaster, and there’s the chance of accidental damage or injury too. The good news? If the unexpected happens, insurance could cover your business against the financial fallout.

  • Protection against big claims due to mistakes and professional negligence
  • Peace of mind for you, your company, your employees, and your clients
  • Manage the risks your agency faces day to day, from legal expenses to personal accidents

What does recruitment agency insurance cover?

You know what matters to you most in your recruitment company, so you’re in charge of your policy. Have a team to cover? Concerned about the cost of resolving tax and compliance disputes? We’ll help you tailor your recruitment insurance so it ticks the boxes you’re looking for.

How much does recruitment agency insurance cost?

Find out how much you’ll pay by comparing prices from a range of trusted insurers. You choose what goes into your policy, so you only pay for what you need.

Prices start from £4.74 per month

Get your tailored quotes in 7 minutes

Example recruitment agency insurance quotes, real prices

What kind of excess should I expect?

An excess is an amount you pay towards any claim you make on your insurance. For example, if your excess is £250 and you make a claim worth £1000, your payout will be a maximum of £750.

Insurance cover

Lowest excess

Highest excess

Public liability



Employers’ liability

No excess

No excess

Business and office equipment



How it works

Pick what goes into your policy

Get prices from a range of insurers

Buy online in minutes

Direct to


How do I choose insurance?

Making sure you have the right type and level of business insurance can be the difference between getting a claim paid and having to cover the cost of an expensive accident yourself. Read our tips for guidance on what to consider when buying a policy.

Talk to an expert

Our team of UK-based insurance experts are here to help, Mon 09.00am – 05.30pm, Tues 09.00am – 05.30pm, Weds 09.00am – 05.30pm, Thurs 09.30am – 05.30pm, Fri 09.00am – 05.30pm, Sat 09.00am – 02.00pm

Call our team

0333 043 8527


Contact us on our website whenever suits you


Call our insurance experts during office hours (calls are charged at a local rate)


Find answers to common insurance questions

How do recruitment agencies insurance claims work?

Unlike price comparison websites, we take the hassle out of claims for you. We know how important it is to get your business back on track quickly – and with a minimum of fuss. That’s why you get access to your dedicated claims any time, day or night. Call them on 0333 207 0560 or claim online. They’ll do their best to be fair and supportive.

£51 million in claims paid out in 2023

Recruitment agency insurance FAQs

Whether you’re new to buying business insurance or you’ve been trading for a while, here are the answers to some commonly asked questions about recruitment insurance. You can also check out our business insurance FAQs.

Whether you’re starting a recruitment agency from scratch, or just doing some housekeeping for an existing company, it’s a great idea to get your insurance for recruitment agency sorted.

Do you employ people at your agency? You’re legally required to have employers’ liability cover.

Do you come into contact with clients, candidates, or members of the public over the course of your recruitment work? Public liability insurance is worth thinking about too.

Are you keen to protect your business against claims to do with professional negligence (such as a lack of due diligence for a candidate you’ve recommended) or incorrect advice? Professional indemnity insurance was created with you in mind.

Does your recruitment agency rely on equipment such as a phone or laptop? You might also want to cover your business and office equipment.

Does your recruitment agency have an office? If your lease or service agreement says you’re personally responsible for sorting out building insurance, that’s a crucial cover to put in place.

Do you want to take extra steps to safeguard yourself and others against the financial repercussions of accidents at work or elsewhere? This is what personal accident insurance is for.

Finally, are you looking for an extra layer against protection against disputes with clients, court costs and compensation payouts? It’s worth exploring legal protection insurance.

And if you’re still undecided, it might help to do a deep dive into the potential health and safety risks in your business – see our risk assessment guide.

Employment agencies and recruitment agencies sound similar. And there’s a lot of overlap in what they do. Both are a form of matchmaking between employers and employees.

But the main difference is who’s paying them. In other words, who they’re really working for.

Employment agencies work for the candidate, not the company. They focus their efforts on really understanding a job seeker’s skill-set and goals, so they can help the person find their ideal job. They get paid by the job seeker after the person has found work. Their fee is sometimes a lump sum that’s calculated as from the first year’s salary, and sometimes an ongoing percentage of monthly income.

Recruitment agencies work for the company, not the candidate. Their main objective is to meet the employer’s wants and needs. They then find a range of suitable candidates, persuade these candidates that the job is worth applying for, and present them to the employer. They get paid by the company – usually after a candidate is successfully hired, once the probation period is over.

Considering recruitment agencies insurance? With Simply Business, you can get your tailored quote in just a few minutes.

If you change your business legal structure from sole trader to limited company mid-way through your policy, give us a call straight away on 0333 043 8527. It’ll only take us a few minutes to cancel your existing policy and replace it with one that correctly covers your new legal structure. It’s worth bearing in mind that your insurer and premium amount may need to change.

This will depend on whether you have employers’ liability insurance in place. Public liability insurance is designed to protect your business against the consequences of legal action brought by members of the public for injuries or damage to their belongings. But when it comes to your employees causing injury or damage, this protection only activates if you also have employers’ liability insurance.

If you employ people, you’re required by law to have employers’ liability insurance.

There’s one exception here. Family businesses that aren’t incorporated as a limited company are not legally required to have employers’ liability insurance. The government defines a “family business” as one where all your employees are closely related to you (as a spouse, civil partner, sibling, child, parent, grandparent, grandchild, step-parent, stepchild or half-sibling). So if you run an unincorporated family business and you choose not to get employers’ liability insurance, it’s important to know that your public liability insurance wouldn’t cover you against damage or injury caused by your team.

Helpful articles for recruiters