Support0333 0146 683

Charity insurance

Quick, easy and specific. Compare and buy today.

Start your quote

Compare quotes from leading brands

nig logo.
chiswell logo.
ageas logo.
ukGeneral logo.
hiscox logo.
axa logo.
zurich logo.
aig logo.
covea logo.
aldermore logo.
finsbury logo.
checklist logo.

Trusted by 475,000 customers

Insuring businesses and landlords for over a decade

conversation logo.

Satisfaction score of 9/10

For public liability insurance

team logo.

Award-winning claims team

With a UK-based team available 24/7

Charity insurance tailored to you

Giving your time and effort to a great cause can be hugely rewarding. If you run a small charity, social club, community group or not-for-profit organisation, you'll know that it also comes with a unique set of risks.

From accidents involving volunteers or fundraising event visitors to allegations of wrongdoing against trustees, we understand that your organisation requires specialist cover.

What charity insurance do I need?

Public liability insurance and employers' liability insurance are usually fundamental covers for charities. If someone is injured or their property is damaged because of your organisation, public liability insurance can cover up to £5 million of costs.

If you employ staff or volunteers – whether full-time or part-time – employers' liability insurance is usually a legal requirement. It covers you for up to £10 million of costs if someone who works for you falls ill or is injured while working for you. If you have trustees, you may also be required to have trustee indemnity insurance.

EL do i need it

Types of charity we insure

Working with insurers who specialise in insuring small charities, not-for-profit organisations and social groups, we tailor each policy to your organisation's individual needs.

The main types of charity we insure

  • Cancer
  • Animals
  • Children and young people
  • Hospices
  • Health and medical (excluding cancer)
  • Homelessness and social welfare
  • Disability
  • Older people
  • Environment and conservation
  • Overseas aid and development
  • Religious
  • Sensory impairment

watch the details

Charity insurance FAQ

We're not a registered charity – can you insure us?

Yes, if you're just starting out or you're too small to be a registered charity, Simply Business offers insurance for small charities, social clubs and community groups.

Will our policy cover our volunteers?

Yes, just make sure you select employers' liability and public liability to cover your volunteers when you buy your policy.

What does public liability insurance cover?

Public liability insurance covers you for legal costs and compensation payouts if your organisation is blamed for injuring someone or damaging their property.

Will our insurance cover events?

Yes, you can select cover for charity events like fundraising, for up to 500 people, when you buy your policy.

We don't have a regular meeting place – can you insure us?

Yes, our insurers cover hundreds of small charities, community groups and social clubs that meet up in a range of different places. Maybe you get together in people's homes, village halls or community centres.

Rated 4.6/5 by customers

feefo logo.

Our score is based on the reviews we’ve collected on Feefo, the independent customer research specialist.

Read our reviews

It is a very good and easy to use service. I've been a customer for several years and the renewal system is very straight forward. I've always found the quotes competitive too. I'd definitely recommend Simply Business.

R Matthews, Handyman

Keep up to date with Simply Business. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and follow us on social media.

Subscribe to our newsletter

© Copyright 2019 Simply Business. All Rights Reserved. Simply Business is a trading name of Xbridge Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Registration No: 313348). Xbridge Limited (No: 3967717) has its registered office at 6th Floor, 99 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7NG.