• Business insurance

    Business insurance covers

  • Support
  • Claims
  • Manage your policy
Telephone iconCall UsTelephone icon0333 0146 683
Our opening hours

Labourer insurance

Quick, easy and specific. Compare and buy today.

Start your quote

Compare quotes from leading brands

checklist logo.

Trusted by 750,000 customers

Insuring businesses and landlords for over a decade

conversation logo.

Satisfaction score of 9/10

For public liability insurance

team logo.

Award-winning claims team

With a UK-based team available 24/7

Tailored insurance for self-employed labourers

While working as a labourer you’re likely to be shifting, lifting, cleaning and assisting. It can be a high-risk role, but it’s not just your own health you need to take into account: if you’re blamed for injury or property damage, you could face a hefty compensation claim. If you’re sued, your public liability insurance can pay for the legal costs and compensation amount, which can be substantial. You can add other covers to your labourer insurance policy too, including personal accident insurance and tool insurance.

Cover from £6.82 a month, get insured in minutes. (10% of direct debit customers repay their annual policy in 10 monthly payments of £6.82 or less across all our trades insured. Based on data from 1 October 2019 - 31 March 2020, for comparison only. Cancellation charges may apply, please refer to our full terms & conditions.)

Start your quote


your business

What insurance do labourers need?

In general, it’s up to you to decide on the insurance you need, based on the requirements of your trade. Also keep in mind that the specific sites you're working on may stipulate that you have certain covers in place, so it's always best to check.

Public liability insurance for labourers

Public liability insurance will be central to your labourer insurance policy. If you were blamed for injury or damage - for example if you dropped a piece of equipment and it damaged a vehicle, or if someone tripped over an item that you’d left lying around and injured themselves - you could face a compensation claim. Your public liability insurance could pay the legal fees and damages, up to the limit of your policy.

Other business insurance for labourers

Along with PL insurance, there’s personal accident insurance, which can pay compensation if you’re seriously injured at work or outside of work. There’s also tools insurance, which can pay to replace your tools if they’re lost or stolen and business buildings insurance if you’ve got premises to protect.

Need more details? Hear more about your business cover options from our expert team in a quick set of videos. Just choose the cover you’re interested in and get some expert insight into how each option can help your business. You can also check out our business insurance FAQs.

watch the details

Why Simply Business?

  • We're one of the UK's biggest business insurance providers
  • All settled claims paid within 24 hours
  • 9/10 Feefo ratings say we’re good (or excellent)
  • 750,000 customers (and counting)
  • Claims handled by an award-winning team
  • Quote comparisons available from multiple insurers
  • We run things from an expert, UK-based contact centre

Rated 4.7/5 by customers

Star icon
Star icon
Star icon
Star icon
Star icon
Star icon
feefo logo.

Our score is based on the reviews we’ve collected on Feefo, the independent customer research specialist.

Read our reviews

It is a very good and easy to use service. I've been a customer for several years and the renewal system is very straight forward. I've always found the quotes competitive too. I'd definitely recommend Simply Business.

R Matthews, Handyman

Chevron right icon
Chevron right icon
Chevron right icon
Chevron right icon
Labourer insurance

Keep up to date with Simply Business. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and follow us on social media.

Subscribe to our newsletter


Public liability insuranceBusiness insuranceLandlord insuranceTradesman insuranceProfessionals' insuranceNot for profit insuranceRestaurant insuranceCommercial van insuranceInsurers


6th Floor99 Gresham StreetLondonEC2V 7NG

Sol House29 St Katherine's StreetNorthamptonNN1 2QZ

© Copyright 2021 Simply Business. All Rights Reserved. Simply Business is a trading name of Xbridge Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Registration No: 313348). Xbridge Limited (No: 3967717) has its registered office at 6th Floor, 99 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7NG.