Childminders’ insurance tailored for your needs
Working with children is challenging and also involves some risk. Even with years of experience, accidents can happen, so it's important to have the right type of childminders’ insurance for your needs -- whether you are a self-employed nanny or run a nursery.
Buying childminders’ insurance
When children are involved, insurance can be complex, but we’ve made buying it simple.
- Build your ideal policy using our simple form
- Compare quotes from a range of trusted insurers
- Choose a quote and buy your policy online
- Speak to our UK insurance team if you get stuck
- Receive your documents online instantly
Building your business insurance policy
With Simply Business, you can build a policy tailored to your individual needs. If you’re not sure which covers you should have, these will get you started:
Public liability insurance – this is important for your work with children and adults. Public liability insurance covers you if you cause injury to a person or damage to their property during the course of your work. The minimum level of cover is £2 million, but we offer up to £10 million for larger businesses.
Employers’ liability insurance – this is a legal requirement if you have employees, even if they are casual or temporary workers. It will cover the cost of any claims made against you by employees who have been injured at work or become ill as a result of working with you.
Additional covers can include insurance for your premises, revenue protection and business equipment. See our ‘covers box’ for more information.
Details to look out for
- Make sure you check and understand any exclusions on the policy. Simply Business offers you the chance to read the policy documents in full before you buy.
- Your clients may require a certain level of insurance cover, so check with them before making a purchase.
- Failure to take out employers’ liability cover if you have employees could result in a fine of up to £2,500 for every day you are uninsured.
You may also be interested in...
We are here to help
Christmas call centre opening hours:
Monday 23rd Dec: 9am til 6pm
Christmas Eve: 10am til 2pm
Christmas Day: Closed
Boxing Day: Closed
Friday 27th Dec: 10am til 4pm
Saturday 28th Dec: 9am til 1pm
Sunday 29th Dec: Closed
Monday 30th Dec: 9am til 5pm
New Year's Eve: 10am til 2pm
New Year's Day: Closed
Jan 2nd: Normal hours return.