Public liability insurance for childminders

Public liability insurance for childminders

  • Simple form
  • Expert UK support
  • Trusted insurers
  • Easy claims

Quotes provided by:

Childminders’ insurance tailored for your needs

Working with children is challenging and also involves some risk. Even with years of experience, accidents can happen, so it's important to have the right type of childminders’ insurance for your needs -- whether you are a self-employed nanny or run a nursery.

Buying childminders’ insurance

When children are involved, insurance can be complex, but we’ve made buying it simple.

  • Build your ideal policy using our simple form
  • Compare quotes from a range of trusted insurers
  • Choose a quote and buy your policy online
  • Speak to our UK insurance team if you get stuck
  • Receive your documents online instantly

Building your business insurance policy

With Simply Business, you can build a policy tailored to your individual needs. If you’re not sure which covers you should have, these will get you started:

Public liability insurance – this is important for your work with children and adults. Public liability insurance covers you if you cause injury to a person or damage to their property during the course of your work. The minimum level of cover is £2 million, but we offer up to £10 million for larger businesses.

Employers’ liability insurance – this is a legal requirement if you have employees, even if they are casual or temporary workers. It will cover the cost of any claims made against you by employees who have been injured at work or become ill as a result of working with you.

Additional covers can include insurance for your premises, revenue protection and business equipment. See our ‘covers box’ for more information.

Details to look out for

  • Make sure you check and understand any exclusions on the policy. Simply Business offers you the chance to read the policy documents in full before you buy.
  • Your clients may require a certain level of insurance cover, so check with them before making a purchase.
  • Failure to take out employers’ liability cover if you have employees could result in a fine of up to £2,500 for every day you are uninsured.

You may also be interested in...

Landlord insurance

Landlord insurance quotes
  • Buildings and contents
  • Tenant default cover
  • Loss of rent cover
  • Public liability insurance
Landlord insurance

Shop insurance

Shop insurance
  • Buildings insurance
  • Stock and cash cover
  • Public liability insurance
Shop insurance

We are here to help

Search our frequently asked questions
Contact our customer services
Send us a tweet @sb_help
Call: 0845 450 9959

We will respond during office hours:
Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
Saturday 9am-2pm

Show others that you are insured

Order free stickers
or add a link to your
policy from your

Learn more