Retail insurance

Quick, easy and specific. Compare and buy today.

Start your quote
  • Zurich
  • AXA
  • Hiscox
  • Maltings
  • Covea
  • Ageas
  • UK General
  • AIG

Business insurance for retailers, shops and stores

Whether you run a family florist or a high street fashion store, you need a shop insurance policy that can cover the risks you face. Retail insurance from Simply Business starts with public liability insurance so that you’re protected if someone makes a compensation claim against you. You can also cover your stock, insure your building, and add employers’ liability insurance to cover staff claims. It’s quick, quality cover in one simple policy.

Tenants improvements insurance

If you want to make improvements to your rented premises, then it’s worth considering adding tenants improvements insurance to your shop cover.

Anything that you install yourself, such as air conditioning, lighting or specialised fittings, will not be covered under your landlord’s insurance policy. This means that if they’re damaged, by a fire or flood, for example, then you won’t be able to claim for them without having tenants improvements as part of your own insurance policy.

Cover your online retail business

Selling products online? We can cover you for that too with online retailers’ insurance, built for businesses that sell on the web. We offer excellent value and extensive cover, with stock insurance part of the package. Whether you’re a home-based business or high street retailer, our online retail insurance offers a tailored solution.

Start your quote

Building your retail insurance policy

Public liability insurance tends to be at the centre of a retail insurance policy. It can step in to pay the costs if a member of the public - a customer or a supplier, for example - is injured or suffers property damage due to your business. This could cover customer ‘slips and trips’ in your shop, for example, while the product liability part of your policy could cover you if a product you sold caused injury or damage.

Another important insurance for retail businesses is stock cover, which can pay to replace your stock if it’s damaged or destroyed (for example by something like fire or flood) or stolen. Plus, if you’re responsible for insuring your building, you can add buildings insurance. Remember that if you employ anyone it’s likely you need to take out employers’ liability insurance too.

Why Simply Business?

  • We’re one of the UK’s biggest business insurance providers
  • All settled claims paid within 24 hours
  • 9/10 ratings say we’re good (or excellent)
  • 475,000 customers (and counting)
  • Claims handled by an award-winning team
  • Quote comparisons available from multiple insurers
  • We run things from an expert, UK-based contact centre

Customer reviews

Our rating

4.6 /5

Working out our score

Our score is based on the reviews we’ve collected on Feefo, the independent customer research specialist. For more details on how this works, click below.

Read our reviews

Customer testimonials

“Excellent, personalised, prompt response to my unusual requirements. Problem solved in no time, confirmed immediately by email - extremely pleasant manner and tone”

J Peters, IT Consultant

What our customers are saying

We’re proud of the reviews and ratings we receive from our customers. It’s this feedback that helps us keep on improving our services and options, so drop us a line and tell us what you think.

Contact us