Senior Product Manager - London
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea. It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 425,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
You’ll be joining the team, using data and customer insight to help us develop our existing products in a lean fashion. Seeking to validate minimal viable products as quickly as possible tomake sure that we’re building the right stuff for our customers while driving conversion for your product segment
As a Senior Product Manager you will:
- reporting into our Director of Insurance Product, you will be responsible for product and customer analysis leading to continuous improvement of our commercial product portfolio
- use data to identify areas of opportunity across all customer interactions
- manage the prioritisation process of the features backlog, focusing on helping us deliver the minimum number of features for the maximum impact
- work with the Assistant Product Managers to assign stories for their backlog to assist in the delivery of business requirements
- work with underwriting, pricing, digital product, operations, marketing and customer insight teams to create user stories
- conduct structured market research and competitor analysis, driving product changes and feeding into insurer management
- coordinate marketing activity specifically around acquisition activity and forecasts
- have operational involvement in delivering product benefits, coordinating with our Northampton contact centre
- accountablity for the prioritisation process for your product segment
- managing and delivering the P&L budget for your product segment
- ensuring that the product is designed in such a way that it meets the
- valuing and prioritising customer needs and leads to good outcomes for the customer
- Overall decision making responsibility for prioritisation of features working towards product strategy for your product segment
- inputting into insurance product team decision making
What we are looking for:
- passionate about product. You know the road to making a great product, but just as importantly, you love what you do
- business-minded. You have a good understanding of business basic principles and terminology
- Aa aspiring analyst. You have some experience with analytics platforms, and know to look past the vanity metrics to gauge a product’s success
- curious about customers. You think that the key to creating a great product is through continually engaging with its users
- experienced in insurance. You have a good understanding of underwriting principles and risk selection
- a people person. You love product because it gives you an opportunity to communicate with lots of different people with different backgrounds
- someone who isn’t afraid to shake things up to make sure everyone is working efficiently towards a shared goal
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
- life cover (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
- a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- a stakeholder pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
- a full gym membership
- private medical insurance
- cinema passes
- up to 5 extra days annual leave
- shopping vouchers
- dental and/or travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, childcare vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests. Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, cheeky manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Bank, London, with one day a week in Northampton
The Simply Business culture is truly unique. And you sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.