Teachers' insurance tailored to your professional needs
If you are working as an independent teacher or tutor, you'll need business insurance that is tailored to your profession. Even for the most experienced teachers, there is always the potential for mistakes. Taking out a teacher or tutor insurance policy is therefore very important.
Our teachers' insurance is also available for other types of teaching professions, including tutors, NVQ assessors and trainers. Policies cover both sole traders and limited companies.
Buying your teachers’ insurance
It’s easy to buy your teachers' insurance policy at a competitive price with our clear, simple insurance quote form.
- Build the right policy using our simple form
- Compare insurance quotes from a range of trusted insurers
- Choose a quote and buy your policy online
- Speak to our UK insurance team if you get stuck
- Receive your documents online instantly
Building your teaching or tutor insurance policy
You may need several different types of insurance cover for your teaching. These insurance covers should help you get started.
Public liability insurance covers the cost of claims made against you by members of the public who suffer injury or damage to property as a result of your teaching work. There is a minimum cover of £1m but your employers (schools, college or private business) may request a certain level of cover before hiring you. We offer up to £10m, which can be necessary for public sector contracts.
Professional indemnity insurance is essential if your teaching profession involves giving advice as well. If your advice is faulty or negligent, you could be held liable for any resulting financial loss suffered by your clients. Simply Business offers professional indemnity cover from £50,000 up to a maximum of £5 million.
Teaching equipment cover If your teaching business owns a lot of equipment, it might be worth adding equipment cover to your teachers' insurance. Simply Business also offers cover on laptops and other electronic equipment.
Details to look out for
- Make sure you read and understand any exclusions on your policy. Simply Business offers you the chance to read the policy documents for each quote before you buy.
- If you are an employer, you have a legal responsibility to take out employers’ liability insurance. Failure to do so can result in a fine of up to £2,500 per day.
You may also be interested in...
We are here to help
Christmas call centre opening hours:
Monday 23rd Dec: 9am til 6pm
Christmas Eve: 10am til 2pm
Christmas Day: Closed
Boxing Day: Closed
Friday 27th Dec: 10am til 4pm
Saturday 28th Dec: 9am til 1pm
Sunday 29th Dec: Closed
Monday 30th Dec: 9am til 5pm
New Year's Eve: 10am til 2pm
New Year's Day: Closed
Jan 2nd: Normal hours return.