Insurance tailored for your home business
Home business owners often overlook the need for business insurance, however it is important to have cover that matches the unique requirements of your profession.
Simply Business offers a single policy that can include a number of different covers at varying levels, including public liability insurance (from £1m to £10m), professional indemnity insurance (from £50k to £5m) and employers' liability insurance (£10m).
You can also include buildings insurance that covers your home for both business use and personal use, saving you money by combining the two policies into one.
Buying insurance for your home business
We’ve worked hard to make sure that buying business insurance is simple for home-based businesses like yours:
- Build your ideal policy using our simple quote form
- Compare quotes from a range of trusted insurers
- Choose a quote and buy it online
- Speak to our UK insurance team if you get stuck
- Receive your documents online instantly
Home business owners may require a number of different covers, depending on the nature of the work they are carrying out. With Simply Business, you can build a policy tailored specifically to your needs.
These policies should help get you started:
Professional indemnity insurance is necessary if you offer any kind of advice to clients. If the information you provide or the work you carry out is found to be faulty, and you client suffers a financial loss as a result, you are likely to be held liable. Professional indemnity insurance can cover your costs in situations like these. Simply Business offers professional indemnity insurance up to a value of £10,000,000.
Public liability insurance is vital if you come into contact with members of the public during the course of your work. If you are deemed liable for an injury suffered by a member of the public, public liability insurance can cover your costs. Claims of this sort can be very expensive, and it is therefore vital that you are properly covered. Simply Business provides public liability insurance up to a value of £10,000,000.
Business buildings insurance If you work from home, this cover will insure damage to the building from disasters like fires and floods. Our insurance covers your home for business and personal use, meaning you need only the one policy instead of a separate home insurance policy. Your home contents will not be covered with this policy.
Details to look out for when buying home business insurance
- Make sure you read and understand any exclusions on your policy. Simply Business offers you the chance to read the policy documents in full before you buy.
- Remember that you are legally obliged to take out employers’ liability insurance if you employ anyone. Failure to do so can result in a fine of up to £2,500 for every day you are uninsured.
- Consider asking potential clients what level of professional liability cover they expect, and buy your policy accordingly.