Head of Marketing Data and Technology - London
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
You will be responsible for delivering the vision across all marketing technology, including CRM, database, PPC bidding tools, A/B testing tools, a CMS and referral tools. Your role success will be measured through the successful implementation and maintenance of the marketing technology ecosystem that supports our ambitious marketing growth plans.
As Head of Marketing Data and Technology you will:
- Work with the marketing channels director and the rest of the marketing team to understand the technology needs to support targeted marketing growth
- Work with the technology team to scope out solutions and architecture to deliver the marketing vision, integrating it with current technology
- Work with the head of customer experience to ensure all technology is customer-focused
- Constantly challenge the status quo of marketing technology, ensuring that we remain cutting edge, enabling us to implement innovative marketing plans
- Leading the product design and builds for projects going through the marketing technology track
- Ensuring that we deliver in an efficient, cost-effective and time-sensitive manner
- Writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Product own features through development, keeping all stakeholders up to date with development
- Manage the delivery and scope of work using The Lean Startup’s Build-Measure-Learn framework to ensure value from projects is maximised at every step of the way
What we are looking for:
- Experience in product managing the implementation of marketing technology projects, data technology, rules and business use cases
- Strong understanding of digital marketing techniques, in particular data-driven initiatives
- Detailed technical knowledge of digital marketing (such as cookies, email deliverability, mobile)
- A people person. You know how to communicate, motivate and inspire many cross-functional teams, particularly technical people
- Excellent analytical skills. You know which metrics to focus on and will drive performance improvements to these metrics
- Experience working with agile teams (we use Kanban)
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits to every staff member, we offer life assurance, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, love2shop vouchers and up to five days additional annual leave each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.