Copywriter - London
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea. It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 400,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
As a Copywriter you will be:
- writing compelling content and copy aimed at small businesses, the self-employed, and landlords in the UK
- sub-editing, with QA, and peer-reviews
- working closely with our Marketing, Customer Insight, Product, and Commercial teams (and more) to help in the delivery of strategy and objectives
- working to tight deadlines on multiple projects at a time
- producing concise, punchy copy on a wide variety of projects, campaigns, and product pages
- delivering clear and effective communication to our diverse customer base and, occasionally, an internal audience of 400 employees
- ensuring all copy is in line with our tone of voice, acting as an ambassador for the Simply Business brand
- engaging existing customers with tips, guides, and advice to add genuine value to their business or rental
What we are looking for:
- a delivery-centric background, through an agency/news desk role, or fast-paced in-house work
- impeccable spelling and grammar credentials, able to QA your own work and peers’
- a degree in English, Journalism, or a related Marketing/Communications field
- experience in working towards – and helping to define – project briefs
- an understanding and appreciation of SEO and proven success in writing content with this in mind
- a tight grasp of the nuances that can make content/copy land or fall flat
- the ability to drive projects and multi-task
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
- life cover (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
- a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- a stakeholder pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
- a full gym membership
- private medical insurance
- cinema passes
- up to 5 extra days annual leave
- shopping vouchers
- dental and/or travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, childcare vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, cheeky manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
The Simply Business culture is truly unique. And you sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.