Commercial Relationship Manager - London
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
The Commercial team is central to the strategy at Simply Business. It is responsible for existing relationships with insurers and for developing new relationships with other partners. It’s our job to make sure our customers have a great choice of products on our panel, and that we are at the forefront of distributors’ minds when they are looking for SME insurance partners.
As Commercial Relationship Manager you will:
- Manage existing relationships, develop new ones and to get the best deals possible for Simply Business and our customers
- Work closely with our Product team to ensure an insurer panel that delivers the best choice for our customers and feedback where there is opportunity in the panel for new markets
- Work to deliver our strategy throughout 2017 and beyond
- Be accountable for commercial negotiations with new insurers and agreeing the most suitable commissions structures and contract agreements
- Demonstrate accountability towards meeting budgetary targets
- Work with our Legal and Compliance teams to ensure we’re working in the best possible way for our customers
- Managing of existing insurer relationships
- Running monthly and quarterly account review sessions with partners
- Working closely with the Commercial team to deliver ad hoc projects
- Identifying possible new business and onboarding them in a timely manner
- Building strong relationships with our products team to understand gaps in the panel and finding markets to fill them
- Ensuring the Commercial team activity is communicated across the business and maintaining close links with both offices
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience in account management, external stakeholder management and business development
- Excellent organisational skills
- Substancial proven experience at either an insurer, broker or insurance aggregator
- Numerate with a high degree of proficiency in MS Excel
- Existing relationships in the SME insurance market would be an advantage
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits to every staff member, we offer life assurance, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, Love2shop vouchers and up to five days additional annual leave each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.